Tennyson - Military Road

Guest cazzie

Guest cazzie

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows of the Tennyson suburb? We are looking at a rental property - Unit 24 at 72 via domain.com.au. Does anyone know of this block of apartments and are they recommended? Also, it looks like because the unit is number 24, it must be quite a large block, can anyone confirm this?

Looking through some rental property threads, the impression given is that there are very few rental properties, which are snapped up quickly. Yet we have been looking at houses/townhouses in Seacliff and Semaphore areas and many have been advertised for weeks now. Could it be that beach suburbs being more expensive, are less in demand?

Any information/advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cazzie x

It's near Port Adelaide which is the oldest part of Adelaide. Do you have a link to the property?

We used to own a Unit in Underdale/Brooklyn Park and had problems with water pressure as the whole block shared the same pipes so if people are having showers at the same time and you are at the end of the pipe, your water pressure will be a trickle. That's what we experienced anyway. I didn't like the area we were in and as soon as my temporary residency came through, we bought a house down South.

My advice is to look for properties when you get here and you will get a better feel for where you want to live.

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi,

Tennyson is the beach area for West Lakes, which is a great area.

The main lake is abuzz at the weekends with rowing clubs and dragon boat racing, the west lakes shopping centre is pretty good too, definately one of the better ones in Adelaide. There is loads of lakeside areas to grab a drink or a bite to eat.

As the for the beach, tennyson is one of the quieter beaches, but with Semaphore just to the North and Henley Beach and Glenelg just to south, they are great areas for a night out.

There an english pub not far from there in Grange, and the train lines to the city aren't too far away.

If we weren't at Mawson Lakes I would look around there as a second choice.

Not sure why the rental market appears slow though, unless the cold weather just slows down the Real Estate industry just like the UK.

Cheers

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows of the Tennyson suburb? We are looking at a rental property - Unit 24 at 72 via domain.com.au. Does anyone know of this block of apartments and are they recommended? Also, it looks like because the unit is number 24, it must be quite a large block, can anyone confirm this?

Looking through some rental property threads, the impression given is that there are very few rental properties, which are snapped up quickly. Yet we have been looking at houses/townhouses in Seacliff and Semaphore areas and many have been advertised for weeks now. Could it be that beach suburbs being more expensive, are less in demand?

Hi Cazzie,

We actually live very close to Semaphore, it is more expensive here because of the location it is near the city, transport, shopping mall, great schools, Footy stadium, library,ect Oh did I mention it is on the beach.

The rentals here are very rare.

We pay $380 per week

We are going home shortly, if you are interested, let me know.

Laura xxx:idea:

Guest Christoph

Howdy guys

I agree with Rob and Clare, Tennyson is a really nice place to live. I drive to work and back through it every day (from Henley Beach South). If I'm not misstaken, Military Road 72 is a complex of town houses, so it's not one tower block (no such thing here at the beach, unless you go to Glenelg...) but rather a smattering of buildings with 3 or 4 individual appartements.

Military Road is relatively busy and you would have to cross it on the way to the beach. However, you will have access to the lake without crossing the road. There's a wall between you and the road so I don't think that you'll have too much noise from the hoons at night. The big shopping complex of West Lakes is within cycling distance (or a slightly extended walk around the lake will get you there, too).

Semaphore is still quite blue collar (a little bit like Lewisham in London, if that makes sense) so it's hit and miss with nice property there.

Hope this helps.

Christoph

:idea:

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knows of the Tennyson suburb? We are looking at a rental property - Unit 24 at 72 via domain.com.au. Does anyone know of this block of apartments and are they recommended? Also, it looks like because the unit is number :idea:24, it must be quite a large block, can anyone confirm this?

hi guys just a thought were going back to uk and we will be putting our rental property market we r on the beach in westlake shore which is very near to semaphore the price is $380.pw if any good f u send us an email laura.girling@yahoo.com.au:idea:

Guest cazzie
:idea:

hi guys just a thought were going back to uk and we will be putting our rental property market we r on the beach in westlake shore which is very near to semaphore the price is $380.pw if any good f u send us an email laura.girling@yahoo.com.au:idea:

Hello,

Laura, thanks for your kind offer, but 380 a week is just a little too high for us - our max would be about 340, nearer to 300 if possible. Thanks again. Take care and I hope everything works out for you,

Cazzie x

Guest cazzie
Howdy guys

I agree with Rob and Clare, Tennyson is a really nice place to live. I drive to work and back through it every day (from Henley Beach South). If I'm not misstaken, Military Road 72 is a complex of town houses, so it's not one tower block (no such thing here at the beach, unless you go to Glenelg...) but rather a smattering of buildings with 3 or 4 individual appartements.

Military Road is relatively busy and you would have to cross it on the way to the beach. However, you will have access to the lake without crossing the road. There's a wall between you and the road so I don't think that you'll have too much noise from the hoons at night. The big shopping complex of West Lakes is within cycling distance (or a slightly extended walk around the lake will get you there, too).

Semaphore is still quite blue collar (a little bit like Lewisham in London, if that makes sense) so it's hit and miss with nice property there.

Hope this helps.

Christoph

Hi Christoph,

Thanks very much for your helpful information. We are unsure as to where we will settle exactly, but enjoying looking anyway. I think we will possible end up in Semaphore or Seacliff. Cheers, Cazzie

Guest cazzie
It's near Port Adelaide which is the oldest part of Adelaide. Do you have a link to the property?

We used to own a Unit in Underdale/Brooklyn Park and had problems with water pressure as the whole block shared the same pipes so if people are having showers at the same time and you are at the end of the pipe, your water pressure will be a trickle. That's what we experienced anyway. I didn't like the area we were in and as soon as my temporary residency came through, we bought a house down South.

My advice is to look for properties when you get here and you will get a better feel for where you want to live.

Michelle,

Thanks very much for your advice - useful to know about things like water pressure which could easily be a bugbear. Hope you guys are happy - maybe we can catch up one sunny day in Adelaide? Cazzie