update

ianb

well, we have been here now for nearly 4 weeks and so far things have gone well. House almost straight after finally getting the container on Monday, dont believe it when they give you an earlier date, ours was 4 weeks later!

Harry and Georgia have had their first week in school and have made lots of new friends and so far are loving their new school. After the one week they are now on holiday for 2 weeks! (alright for some!)

Managed to get a load sorted other than the furniture for the house. Sorted out the medicare & tax file number. Just left is the ozzie driving licence and the family credit which will all help.

Have now been working for 3 days and so far am really pleased how its going and how i have settled in and the way everyone i have dealt with has been so helpful and friendly. I realise i have been so lucky to get a good job so soon and once again thanks to Sarah and the gang at Talent2

There is still alot more to do but i am sure we will get there. Good job the weather is not so good otherwise we would not feel like doing anything other than going out!

All our neighbours have been great and have made us feel settled which is great. Been so busy we have not had too much time to get to catch up with all the resident PIA locals, but that will happen soon. Managed to get in 2 games of golf, one on my own then the other with Graham, Keith and Ian which was a great day and great company. Hope for many more.

Managed to have a day out as a family at Cleland which was an amazing day and one of the many reasons we looked forward to coming to Oz. Cant believe how reasonable the cost was in relation to going anywhere similar in the uk! God we are ripped off in the uk!

Well, things have gone well so far so we can only be happy. Im sure things will not always be so good and we will deal with that when it happens. Of course we miss family and friends although Skype does help although not the same!

So far no regrets!

Guest Django
well, we have been here now for nearly 4 weeks

4 weeks:shocked: already!!! Spose it must be. Doesn't seem that long.

Well done people for getting into the swing of things. Can't seeing it going that smooth for us. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest caoimhe

It's nice to see things have gone well for you, I'm sure getting a job so quickly has taken one worry off your mind.

I hope things continue to go well and wish you all good luck for the future

Guest Trakki

glad you are getting on so well and are happy with your new life, can't believe you have been there 4 weeks already, it's nice to hear that he children have settled into school so well as my oldest are starting to feel the reality as they are getting to the end of the school term and we don't plan to still be here when they go back, Sophie especially (who has been really up for it) is now saying she doesn't want to go as she thinks she won't make new friends, she only has 2 more Rainbow meetings left and is getting upset about leaving. Will have to tell her that your 2 are enjoying their new schools etc.

Keep the updates coming :wubclub:

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI Ianb , glad things are going well , as for the weather , it ain't stopped raining here for the last 5 days , the mrs said its my fault because i put some lawn feed down!. good luck to all , keep us posted .

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Really glad you and the family are settling in and getting on with it, see you soon on those fairways ( if I can sort the slice out and find them),

Take care

Guzzler