JoanneV

Subbie Joiner

Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone could answer my question.

OH has just started new job, he is subcontracting under CIS - sole trader. How does it work with regards to Vetassess, do they class it as being self employed or not? Wasn't going to post because it makes me sound a bit thick really but who cares,!!! I'm sure someone can help...please.

Thank you

Jo

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi Jo,

My husband is a brickie and also works as sub-contractor CIS, he is classed as self employed as even though tax is taken off at source he has to fill out a self assessment tax return every year. We have just completed the collection of references and othe information for VetAssess and the agent has just lodged our online application today - we are hoping that Andrew gets invited to attend the next assessement in October as VetAssess only run assessments every three months. If you want further info. send me a pm and I will try and help.

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Thanks - you too!

Iv'e just noticed that you are from 'Up North' too - I feel like we are at the back of beyond at the moment as the agent keeps asking us how far we are from Glasgow, Manchester and Liverpool as this seems to be where we will have to go for the skills assessments and medicals - he thinks I am joking when I tell him we will need an overnight stay as we can't drive there and back and do the appointments all in one day!!! Flipping heck it takes us an hour to get to the motorway.