Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dagget

TRA payment

Guest Dagget

Hi, I'm new to the site but am hoping somebody can help me with a question about the TRA.

Does the TRA have to be paid by bankers draft only, in Australian dollars?

I'm a little confused by the term 'drawn against an Australian bank' does this mean you need an Australian bank account? Surely not? Has anyone paid any other ways? I know you cant use credit cards but is there any reason why you cant pay them in Australian travellers cheques? or some kind of money order?

I know I'm asking lots of questions but I've tried contacting the TRA by email and am getting no answers. HELP!

Thanks

Hi, we done our TRA last july and got a bankers draft from our bank, this was then sent with the TRA with no problems. The bank did make a charge for this, I think it was about £10

Wendy

Guest Dagget

Thanks Wendy,

Incidently, can you remember how long it took to come through. I'm a bit desparate to get this off as I'm 45 end of August!

Dags

Guest Tina

Hi dagget,

We had to go to the bank and ask them to get an australian bankers draft, it took Natwest about 5days. Our agent said it had to be australian, then TRA took, sent off 18-12-06 approved 30-01-07 but it was the christmas period.

Tina

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Dagget

We got our bankers draft in Aus$ from Lloyds. Again, we had to order it and it took a few days to come through. It does have to be in Aus$ rather than Sterling.

Good Luck!

Deena & John

Guest Dagget

Thanks again guys

Eventually ordered an international bank draft in $AUS from my bank firstdirect, they charged me a tenner but I just got it this morning! I only ordered it yesterday by phone!

I'm impressed, Dags :o