Guest natdan

Concessions On Air Fares !!!!

Guest natdan

Anybody any info or heard of any concessions on airfares to oz when emigrating . when we recieved our visa papers back from DIAC it said there may be concessions for migrants through IOM, can anyyone shed any light on this matter !!!!

:confused: just been pricing flights up for a family of 4 [ £4500] and may have to do the trip twice depending on house sale !!!, any info please would be appreciated .Thanks:) wayne n louise

Guest Trakki

Can't help with the concessions but will be interested in any replies.

Have a shop round for flights though as I have been pricing up flights for 2 adults and 4 children and they come anywhere between £2700 and £3700, that is with Singapore or Malaysia airlines, Quantas was alot more expensive.

HTH

Guest hollyc

£4500!??? That's quite a lot for flights! Was that one trip or two??

Me and my parents are flying one way with Singapore Air and are less than £600 pp. It probably does depend when you're going etc, but do shop around cos that's extortionate!! lol

Holly

Guest ali@51

If you are flying singapoore and are useing a perminant resedency visa for the 1st time you get a 40kg baggage alowance. Children also get the extra. This is a big help in the gap between arrival and getting sorted!

hmmm looking at air fares for 5 adults to the dark side around christmas we will be up for $15000, just hate the way kids become adult fares at 12 when they obviously can't pay their own way!

Guest natdan
    Can't help with the concessions but will be interested in any replies.

Have a shop round for flights though as I have been pricing up flights for 2 adults and 4 children and they come anywhere between £2700 and £3700, that is with Singapore or Malaysia airlines, Quantas was alot more expensive.

HTH

we have shopped around, these flights are for November time from manchester. £1100 per adult . £950 per child with 2 night stopover in singapore [ singapore airlines]. We have to activate visas by 18 December, but still no house sale; so just a 2 week holiday:).Trying to get in touch with IOMregarding cheaper flighys as recomended on our visa reply paperwork. to quote it says " concessions may be available to migrants through the IOM as the result of negotiations with a large number of international carriers on certain routes to oz. will be in touch as looking like having to do the trip twice!!!:mad: wayne n louise.

Guest nottingham

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Anybody any info or heard of any concessions on airfares to oz when emigrating . when we recieved our visa papers back from DIAC it said there may be concessions for migrants through IOM, can anyyone shed any light on this matter !!!!

:confused: just been pricing flights up for a family of 4 [ £4500] and may have to do the trip twice depending on house sale !!!, any info please would be appreciated .Thanks:) wayne n louise

Blimey, that is expensive! When are you flying? Presumably during the Oz summer? Cazzie and I fly out at the end of August and the flights are only £660 per person with Singapore Airlines (booked on the internet). So do shop around.

Bill

Guest natdan

quote=bill;44186]Blimey, that is expensive! When are you flying? Presumably during the Oz summer? Cazzie and I fly out at the end of August and the flights are only £660 per person with Singapore Airlines (booked on the internet). So do shop around.

Bill

Hi Bill, who did you book with and was it recently. flight prices are shooting up with all this fuel / oil prices situation etc !! wayne n louise:arghh: