Guest KP Nuts

Roofer looking for work.......

Guest KP Nuts

Hello again everyone.... This is my first question post, so I hope you will be able to help me please ...

After reading many post on here about people not getting the wages they were expecting or the job opportunity that we are lead to believe are here and waiting for us to fill.

My oh is a roofer do you know if he will have a problem in finding work, we've been looking but not getting very far at the moment.

So any info would be very much appreciated

Thanks

I've been speaking to people in the building and construction industry in the Mid North (Clare and that area) this week and can only say that if he is any good, your husband should have no trouble finding work - they are crying out for people. Can't speak for the Adelaide central area but will probably be a similar situation!

Hello again everyone.... This is my first question post, so I hope you will be able to help me please ...

After reading many post on here about people not getting the wages they were expecting or the job opportunity that we are lead to believe are here and waiting for us to fill.

My oh is a roofer do you know if he will have a problem in finding work, we've been looking but not getting very far at the moment.

So any info would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Yes there is lots of building work going on here. Can not speak with experience about roofers but maybe contact Graham (Grandjac) who is a roofer, although hes looking to do more supervising work here. Im sure he can fill you in with more detail on what hes found out.

Good luck

Guest graandjac

Hi Guys, there are Roof Tilers needed in the paper every week, all of the tiling work is shallow pitch interlocking work . You might have to start off on a lower wage to prove yourself ,working for someone else. If you are on the cards expect to start on between $18.00 and $25.00 per hour , most of the work is pretty simple with pug bedded hips which are pointed over with a ......compound which is like a flexiable putty...they use an odd looking tool (like our mustang plain tile cutters ) but for cutting the interlocking tiles....!!!! but it does work. Good luck with the job hunting from the uk but you will have more joy when you arrive just buy chatting to the guys on site.

Cheers Graham

Guest soggy
    Hi Guys, there are Roof Tilers needed in the paper every week, all of the tiling work is shallow pitch interlocking work . You might have to start off on a lower wage to prove yourself ,working for someone else. If you are on the cards expect to start on between $18.00 and $25.00 per hour , most of the work is pretty simple with pug bedded hips which are pointed over with a ......compound which is like a flexiable putty...they use an odd looking tool (like our mustang plain tile cutters ) but for cutting the interlocking tiles....!!!! but it does work. Good luck with the job hunting from the uk but you will have more joy when you arrive just buy chatting to the guys on site.

Cheers Graham

I can read all those words you wrote, but have no idea what your saying:confused:, just as well I make coffee for a living now:)

Simon

Hi Graham

What tools etc did you take over? I know when I did my Silver Trowel assessment there was weird tool for cutting tiles etc but I normally use stihl saw etc.

Guest graandjac

:)Hi I brought my pouches and all hand tools , yes the grinders and cutters, paslode nailguns, but leave behind your mustang tile cropper as it wont be needed. good luck, hope this helps

Hi Graham

Thought would contact you as have given us some spot on answers. Did you have to sit any more tests etc when you got over there apart from Silver trowel prior to departure?

Cheers