Guest ali@51

Spider ID

Guest ali@51

Ok all who is any good with sipiders. I have just killed 1. It was about 1cm across quite fat and a fluffy dark brown/ black coulor. It didnt have a white tip or a red stripe down its back. It is now very splated but i would like to know if we were at risk at all:arghh:.

ali

Guest Guest75
    Ok all who is any good with sipiders. I have just killed 1. It was about 1cm across quite fat and a fluffy dark brown/ black coulor. It didnt have a white tip or a red stripe down its back. It is now very splated but i would like to know if we were at risk at all:arghh:.

ali

Probably a black house spider - can nip but not not much of a bite.

Or possibly a Wolf spider - was the body stripy??

Guest morgie@51

no the body was all one coulor just quite fluffy.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

If it had a velvety appearance it was probably a huntsman, They look soft to touch and are I had a dead one near my front door all curled up I took it round the back and spread it out so I could scare visitors with it. But the wind blew it away!

sarah

Guest katsmajic

Do spiders hibernate? Our huntsman (hunty) seems to have gone off the boil hunting wise...hes gone and curled up on the top of the door frame in our bedroom...we have sorta adopted him and i dont want to think hes ill or something, hes only little!

Guest morgie@51

I'm sorry but in our house he wouldn't be ill he'd be flat. I might try not to use insect killers but I draw the line at tollerating them in the house lrt alone the bedroom. Me and the news paper are best mates:p:p

ali

Guest Libby1971
    I'm sorry but in our house he wouldn't be ill he'd be flat. I might try not to use insect killers but I draw the line at tollerating them in the house lrt alone the bedroom. Me and the news paper are best mates:p:p

ali

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Brilliant!!!! My sentiments exactly

Guest katsmajic

i wont invite you round for a brew then....:biglaugh:

huntsmen are bug killers...theyre so big you know where they are, you couldnt swallow them in your sleep cos you would wake up choking :biglaugh:

and theyre sooo cute, they have smiley faces on their bums.

Guest jojo

The only places for a Huntmans is in my Dyson, or Outside, hopefully in next door garden!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Jo xx

Guest Libby1971

You're bl**dy nuts, you are!

Only you could possibly describe a huntsman as cute with a smiley face on its bum!!!!!!

:P:biglaugh:

Guest morgie@51

yack!!!!! That wasnt like the one we "offed" anyway. Mine had a much fatter bum:biglaugh:and was a very dark brown almost black!

I think it's ace that they are bug killers. They can do it outside all my dores and windows but not inside.

ali

Guest katsmajic

like this one?

we were told this is a wolfie with babies... it was very ewwweee:err:

Guest Nick11

Whatever you do don't kill a huntsman - they keep the white tip and red backs away.

We found this out the hard way!

Guest morgie@51

no thats not quite it either. the coulor is right but the body wasnt quite as square:GEEK:. I feel like i'm playing a game of Guess Who:biglaugh::biglaugh:

ali

Guest Libby1971

That's even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shocked::shocked:

Guest morgie@51
    opps lost the pic

No definitely not one of them. Ours was much flatter, particularly after Ali and the paper finished with it :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest steve&tracy
    You're bl**dy nuts, you are!

Only you could possibly describe a huntsman as cute with a smiley face on its bum!!!!!!

:P:biglaugh:

Hi Libby i think Kat was describing Martin!!

Guest knsc

ali

Hi

Try these web sites

http://www.anoble.com.au/Spiders/SpiderID.htm

http://www.termite.com/spider-identification.html

They might help you id it

Guest caoimhe
    see hes cute....

You soooooooooo need to get a life Kat :goofy:

Guest Guzzler&Sas

[quote name=katsmajic;44529

huntsmen are bug killers...theyre so big you know where they are' date=' you couldnt swallow them in your sleep cos you would wake up choking :biglaugh:

quote]

I'm not so sure a few names come to mind;);),

Guzzler

Guest stufi1997

We had a pet huntsman too Kat, he got in some funny shapes.....wasn't sure if he was maybe a contortionist spider,lol, they do shed their skin though.... looks like a new huntsman, but crunchy...Fred left us to the big wide world of the garden after he took a liking to the fruit bowl, it was either keep fred in the house or have the kids eat apples again. We've not seen a red back or white tip since we moved down here, touch wood. We killed loads in our OAA in Adelaide.