Guest lucy

first post

Guest lucy

Hi to all .Been in oz for 2yrs now fantastic place in 1992 travelled all of the east coast of australia when there was no roads only dirt tracks.I have plans to travel to alice springs and over to perth adelaide is the most layedback part of oz you have got to agree?

been building a house for the last 4 months nearly ready.if any one as any questions about oz please ask willing to help bye for now

lucy

Guest ems

Hi Lucy

Welcome to PIA. It is great to get info from people in Adelaide already. If anything pops into my head this is normally the first place i come to. Good luck with the house and hope you get it finished soon.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Hi Lucy

Where are you building your house? I presume this is cheaper than buying. House prices seem to increased alot since we first started looking at Adelaide. We are coming out in October 2008.

good luck with it all

Carole

Guest lucy
    Hi Lucy

Where are you building your house? I presume this is cheaper than buying. House prices seem to increased alot since we first started looking at Adelaide. We are coming out in October 2008.

good luck with it all

Carole

Hi carole I am building down in aldinga on a new development called bayswood yes prices have gone up over here.Yes having a house built is alot cheaper you only pay stamp duty on the land wich saves you alot of money ok you have to put your own fence up and do your own garden but it still works out cheaper .my house is being built by sterling homes 3bedroom ,familyroom ,big kitchen,dinning room personnally you dont need a big house over here.If you do build get a fix price of your builder some dont do it and have pc sums for certain things.land is going very quick on bayswood.

my house will be ready in 4/5wks well worth the wait 2006 put a depsoit on land .land

was realsed in nov 07 time build as took 4/5months .some people tolled us it is a nightmare when building can take 12mths we no alot of people building and same sort of time ares as took. dont listen to much to some people i would advise that.any other info you need please ask.lucy

Guest Liz Evans

Hi Lucy

Where abouts in adelaide are you.......Spiders!!!!!.....Please tell me the truth about them.

Regards

Liz

Guest Queenb

Hi Lucy

I was over in Oz for a year in 2000. Travelled all the way round in our camper van and worked in Adelaide for a few months. Can't wait to get back out there!!

Any tips or hints on visas?? I've got a sister in Adelaide, she's been there for over 15 years and so the visa applications have changed since then!

Jayne x