Jay & Lou

475 question?

Hello,

My OH and me are wanting to come to Adelaide on a 475 visa, have any of you gone across on this visa or does anyone know how much money is " enough to support yourselves" ?

Guest Lulujim
    Hello,

My OH and me are wanting to come to Adelaide on a 475 visa, have any of you gone across on this visa or does anyone know how much money is " enough to support yourselves" ?

Hi,

There are quite a few of us going on a 475 visa on this site.

On the SA sponsorship form you have to declare how much money you will be taking over. This can be in property, cars (think you need a valuation for these) and cash/savings. This needs to be verifies by your bank or building society. the cash part can not be less than £10k of it.

I have had a look on the website and it says $24K for first member and then $5k for each additional family member. Apparently this figure is based on the eventuality of not finding a job for the first 6 months!

The website is:

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.php

Hope someone can be more specific!

Take care, Alexis

Guest hsinholin

I applied 475 Visa from SA sponsorship as well. I had a bank statement of cash A$32000 for me and my partner. A single person needs at least A$25k while 5k is needed for each additional family member. I just prepared a bit more to make sure to acquire sponsorship.

The enough amount of money is quite important, insufficient money may lead to the rejection of sponsorship.

Good luck,

Mike

Guest skellysgirl

so i need at least 10 k in my bank to try for SA sponsership ?

Guest jill wright

Hi We've appled for the 475 visa . we were granted sponsorship easily all you have to do is get a NORATY (85 QUIID) TO SIGN YOUR FINANCIAL DECLARATION (OR WHATEVER IT WAS CALLED) WHICH WE DID BASED ON WHAT WE WOULD GET FROM EVENTUALLY????SELLING THE HOUSE SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT SPONSORSHIP WE WEREN'T ASKED TO PROVE ANYTHING JUST STATE WHAT YOU HOPE TO TAKE NO PROBLEM

Jillx

Guest skellysgirl

Thanx for the answer jill,

was a little worried there

have the funds but its tied up in house etc, thought i was gonna have to get my hands on 10 k quick there