Sign in to follow this  
Guest FlyByNight

Standing By.............Wait Out

Guest FlyByNight

After several months of good intentions I have finally got down to posting SOMETHING on your website. We have a visa application in (submitted 18 Dec 07) and await the allocation of a case officer to proceed to Meds & Police Checks, so we are well into the process. Hoping to arrive in Adelaide Sept-Oct this year - house sale willing.

There seem to be many people currently in our predicament and I symapathise with them wholeheartedly.

I have numerous questions and they will no doubt come out over time but for starters, we are keen to send our kids to the Woodend Primary School in Sheidow Park following a fact finding holiday Nov last year. Our friend already has her daughter there so we had a look and liked what we saw.

Can anyone give comments on the Sheidow Park area as a place to live. Or even comments on the school would be interesting to hear.

Also, I have a job already lined up at the Burns Unit in the Royal Adelaide Hospital and would appreciate any comments / advice on commuting there from the Sheidow Park-ish area, bearing in mind that I will be doing shift work.

Well over to you guys and here's to a productive membership of PIA.

See you there.....:cute:

Guest Django

Welcome (eventually:p:biglaugh:) to PIA.

Great to have you with us.:) Can't help with the questions as we are still in the UK.:sad:

Congrats on securing the job at RAH. Its always nice to have an income for when you arrive. Good luck.

Pete

Guest sjs

sorry cant help too much either but sure somebody from adelaide will when the log on.

just wanted to say welcome and good luck with the application we have very similar timlines as you can see from my signature

our aim is for end sep/beg oct also - heres hoping !!!1

sjs

Guest Lulujim

Welcome to PIA! I'm afraid I can't help with the school/hospital info, but just wanted to say hi. I have found this site to be fantastic :notworthy: - am sure it will answer all your questions too. Alexis x