Sign in to follow this  
Guest JILLYMON

Uk medical checks

Guest JILLYMON

Hi this is Jillymon from Leeds West Yorks. This is my first time on here so I hope I am doing this right. My question is, what happens when we have a medical check here in the UK, what sort of information will the medical examiner require, will he want our medical records from our GP, or will he get these direct. Also should I take a list of any medication I am taking at the moment. Thanks for your assistance, Jillymon.

Guest Django

Hi Jillymon,

Welcome to PIA and yes you are doing it right.;)

Just fill in the forms. Don't miss out anything if you are on medication or any ailment, etc. If you try to hide anything you will put your visa at risk.

The meds themselves are nothing to worry about. They are very straight forward.

Pete

Pete is right they are very straightforward so nothing to worry about. Just a matter of filling the forms in and turning up. Providing you have nothing wrong before hand it is not as bad as you may think.

I had to have a medical here for work supposedly before hand but ended up being a week after i started, and that was more involved

Guest JILLYMON

Thank you for your quick reply. Can you just confirm for me that I dont have to take my medical records with me , or do they get them direct themselves from my GP. Jillymon

Guest JILLYMON

Thank you for your help... I was just thinking that my medical records would be like reading War and Peace for the poor fella. Best wishes to you and your family , cant wait to be joining you over there. Regards Jillymon

there is no need to take your medical records to the meds. You just need to fill out the forms and turn up!

Guest Django

You won't need any records. If you have any little ones then take their red books as this can be useful. For yourself just need to fill the form out. Any history should be written on this form. If you don't put something down that they do find in your records then it will be said that you supplied false info and your visa WILL be turned down.:sad:

Good Luck

Pete