Going back to the UK for a 'holiday'!

Jessica Berry

In 9 weeks time, we are off back to Nottingham for a 'holiday' for 3 weeks to attend my brothers wedding. I promised my brother when we emigrated that when he got married we would come back for the wedding. It is slightly sooner than we would have liked (purely for financial reasons) as we will have been out here 18 months when we go back.

We are really looking forward to seeing all our family and friends and it will be interesting to see how we feel going back. We do not miss living in Nottingham at all, but we do miss our family and friends.

Friends and family keep saying to me, if you thought Tony Blair had ruined the country wait till you see what Gordon Brown is doing to it!

I will write a thread about my experience of going back when we return.

Guest Rob and Clare
In 9 weeks time, we are off back to Nottingham for a 'holiday' for 3 weeks to attend my brothers wedding. I promised my brother when we emigrated that when he got married we would come back for the wedding. It is slightly sooner than we would have liked (purely for financial reasons) as we will have been out here 18 months when we go back.

We are really looking forward to seeing all our family and friends and it will be interesting to see how we feel going back. We do not miss living in Nottingham at all, but we do miss our family and friends.

Friends and family keep saying to me, if you thought Tony Blair had ruined the country wait till you see what Gordon Brown is doing to it!

I will write a thread about my experience of going back when we return.

Hi ya,

Hope you have a great time, we went back last year for 2 weeks and we both loved it, but we did treat it as a holiday, staying at various hotels up and down the country, catching up with family and friends, and watching the Albion......

We did get the emotional good byes again when we left, which made us re-question living in Oz for our last evening there, but we're looking forward to another holiday there again soon...

Look forward to reading about your experience.

Guest Devon

Good luck with your holiday. I posted a thread on here a while ago about going back to the UK for an extended holiday after two years in Oz whilst sorting out about getting my visa sorted so that I could work in Oz.

I absolutely hated it (other than seeing family and friends) for the first three weeks. However, although I am missing my OH terribly I now have come to absolutely love the UK again. It is so beautiful and now that it has finally stopped raining and become warm and sunny I'm hitting the beach everyday :)

It's great being able to go to a good old pub and although the people in the shops are more miserable I've come to realise at least they keep their promises!!!!!!

One thing though make sure you come with an empty case as I've been doing too much shopping with all these fantastic offers on in Uk at the moment - things are sooooo much cheaper here - especially clothes with most shops having 70 % off at present :jiggy:

Still saying that I am looking forward to going back home and can't wait to see OH - just hope I don't have to change my flight for a third time - due to erors being made in various ways :realmad:

Have fun anyway and look forward to seeing your views when you get back

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:Looking forward to see what you think of the dark, grim, wetlands, enjoy the wedding it will be good to see everyone.cheers Graham