Guest Andrew&Ren

"Partial" Birth Certificate

Guest Andrew&Ren

Hello us again with yet another question....:chatterbox:

Andrew got his birth certificate off his mum but unlike mine it is a partial birth certificate. Does anyone know if this is ok??? Or would he need to get a full birth certificate? im not at all sure what a partial birth certificate is but it is an official birth certificate just doenst have as many details as a full one.

Any help/advice as always would be much appreciated!!!:) xxxx

Guest deanrm

Hi

As far as I know, a full birth certificate is needed. But it was really easy to get one. Just ring the Birth, Deaths and Marriages place (sorry cant be more helpful) and a small fee (about £8 - I think) and it is posted quickly.

Sorry I can't be anymore help.

Trisha

Guest stufi1997

Yes you will definately need the full birth certificate, take the abbreviated one along to the registrar and it will be cheaper to get the full one issued. Cheers Fiona

Guest Nick11
    Hello us again with yet another question....:chatterbox:

Andrew got his birth certificate off his mum but unlike mine it is a partial birth certificate. Does anyone know if this is ok??? Or would he need to get a full birth certificate? im not at all sure what a partial birth certificate is but it is an official birth certificate just doenst have as many details as a full one.

Any help/advice as always would be much appreciated!!!:) xxxx

Depends who the main applicant is. Hubby only had a partial certificate - but it was accepted as he was the secondary applicant.

Depends who the main applicant is. Hubby only had a partial certificate - but it was accepted as he was the secondary applicant.

I was the secondary applicant but still had to go and get a full birth certificate as they would not accept my partial.

Guest LOOBYLOO

My OH's and son's were also abbreviated and had to get full ones. My hubby was born in Epsom so I downloaded a form from their website, filled it in and sent a cheque for £7.50 - he got it within a week. For my son's (in Scotland) I just went along to Registrars, filled out a form and paid and they sent it in the post within 5 days. Hope this helps.