Jessica Berry

Fast Council Workers!!!!

I was on a mission on Wednesday with our local council, Unley Council.

I rang up Wednesday morning and asked if they could cut a tree back next to our house, fill in some pot holes at the end of our road, near the tram track and remove the graffiti on the stobie poles (that’s lamp posts to me and you) and some graffiti on a wall at the end of the road.

The lady at Unley Council said ETSA (utility company) dealt with the stobie poles, so I rang them on Wednesday as well.

Graffiti is a problem over here and there is much more than in Nottingham. I think if they are caught they should be tied to a stobie pole that they love defacing, stripped naked and covered in spray paint from head to toe and left there!

Anyway, by the time we got home on Wednesday the tree had been cut back and by Thursday when we got home the pot holes had been filled in, the graffiti on the wall was gone and ETSA had started on the stobie poles and were working their way up the road.

I am very impressed. This is the fastest response I have ever received from a Council or utility company. I never received this service from Gedling Borough Council in Nottingham!

Guest Nick11
    I was on a mission on Wednesday with our local council, Unley Council.

I rang up Wednesday morning and asked if they could cut a tree back next to our house, fill in some pot holes at the end of our road, near the tram track and remove the graffiti on the stobie poles (that’s lamp posts to me and you) and some graffiti on a wall at the end of the road.

The lady at Unley Council said ETSA (utility company) dealt with the stobie poles, so I rang them on Wednesday as well.

Graffiti is a problem over here and there is much more than in Nottingham. I think if they are caught they should be tied to a stobie pole that they love defacing, stripped naked and covered in spray paint from head to toe and left there!

Anyway, by the time we got home on Wednesday the tree had been cut back and by Thursday when we got home the pot holes had been filled in, the graffiti on the wall was gone and ETSA had started on the stobie poles and were working their way up the road.

I am very impressed. This is the fastest response I have ever received from a Council or utility company. I never received this service from Gedling Borough Council in Nottingham!

Very true - unless you belong to a minority Nottingham council don't want to know you!:arghh:

I reported graffetti years ago to them - to my knowledge its still there now!

That's right, unless you are a chav on benefits, a teenager pushing a pram and hanging outside McDonalds or commiting a crime, you just won't fit in in Nottingham ha ha!!