Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Angus Clan

How to transport a big shaggy dog!

Guest The Angus Clan

Hi all

Can anyone point me in the right direction re guidelines/requirements for transporting dogs to Oz. OH spoke to our local vet this am and he didn't have a scooby about anything (including a lump on the dog's neck which he said may or may not be malignant , then failed to follow on with any constructive advice!!) . not gonna see him again! Anyway , is there a web link that sets out vaccination requirements? Seem to recall seeing one before but can't find it! Cheers

Marcia :)

Guest val diffin

Hi

i live in port glasgow and am moving over to adelaide on 8th sept and want to take my dog as well, I got a phone number off Crown Removals of a pet carrier in Dunfermline,unfortunatley i've lost it due to moving but i'm sure they would give you it if u foned. this has probably not helped but u never know. good luck

val

Guest The Angus Clan
    Hi

i live in port glasgow and am moving over to adelaide on 8th sept and want to take my dog as well, I got a phone number off Crown Removals of a pet carrier in Dunfermline,unfortunatley i've lost it due to moving but i'm sure they would give you it if u foned. this has probably not helped but u never know. good luck

val

Thanks Val - will check it out. :wubclub:

Guest lippy

The company in Dunfermline is called Pet Travel Services - If you can't find then number let me know and I will hunt it out - we used them to bring our Australian Shepherd across - would recommend them!

When you have the dog's boosters done within a year of travel - don't get the Lepto jag - you can't come with it in their system!

We used a vet on Queensferry Road, Edinburgh - he knows his stuff re exporting dogs and recommends all the correct things to do and when to do them!

We also put the dog to Sydney as they don't tend to have a waiting list - had her flown to Adelaide - everything was organised through Pet Travel Services.

Good luck

Julie

Guest MitchKeza

Hello.

We are taking our Jack Russell Terrier to Oz in June 2009. Our vet has advised us not to get our dog jabbed with the leptovac this year. Australia will not let a dog through their restrction area with signs of this jab in their blood. We have looked at many sites and took on board info from the PIA site, but we have decided to put our trust in a company that has transported pets to foreign climates for a lot of years. We are using www.airpets.com who are based at Heathrow. This company has been selected as a personal choice by us, and we are in no dought that other PIA members may know of different Pet Transportation Companies to use. Regards... Mitchkeza.

Guest ceri

hi there, we are shipping our black lab in december (if all goes according to plan!) and we are using golden arrow shippers (based in shropshire). they will pick the dog up from your home, and give a really friendly and professional service, price given includes everything, and they have been great at keeping in contact, and giving us dates by which to do things (injections etc).

phone 01588680240 speak to steve...he was very helpful.

good luck, ceri

Guest Bodie

We used Airpets, they were first rate. I would recommend them thoroughly. We flew our Jack Russell out in Nov. last year. She was quarantined (sp) in Spotswood in Melbourne and then flown to Adelaide,and looked after by our rellys prior to our arrival in Jan of this year.

Mark