Guest rowy

October Weather

Guest rowy

Hi Guys, making a trip first two weeks of October 2008 to see if its for us!!!:)

Would like info please on weather in October, temperature and type of clothes needed?

Staying in Woodcroft area. Have no idea as never been to Aus before and not much info on the net. Cheers.

If you want to be a real geek :GEEK: then check out the Australian Bureau of Metoerology website which is full of fascinating information www.bom.gov.au

That gives the October averages for Adelaide airport as daily maximum 20.9 C, minimum 10.6 C, 16 C at 9am, 39 mm of rainfall for the whole month (7 days with over 1 mm of rain) and an average 8.3 hours of sunshine.

Sounds a bit like an average English summer day (except for today which has been a real scorcher :) !).

We arrived last October, the day we arrived it was about 30 degrees. The following week it was the low 20's!

Just ensure you bring layers, fleece or jumper for the evenings and you'll be fine.

Lea

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya Rowy,

We have just bought in Woodcroft and have been in the new house around 4 weeks now.

We have been in Adelaide since end March 08.

Woodcroft last night (sunday) was freezing, seeing was believing I actually had FROST on my back lawn, I was so gobsmacked I had to take a picture of it, cos I'm sure the family at home won't believe me.

Hubby is using his thermal vest from M&S when he goes to work on his motorbike! I am finding it chilly to say the least and would love to wack on the radiators to "take the chill" off. Having said that I am certainly making full use of my woodburner!!!!!

I have the heating on now its lunchtime and the thermometer in the house is reading 19degrees.

Hope that helps!

Guest donna T

Last October my kids were swimming in the pool although it was definitely a ittle too chilly for me! The temperatures can vary enormously from high 20's to low 30's to mid teens - bring lots of layers - the evenings will be colder!

30c is unusual for October, 18 to low 20s is more usual, during the day. It's around this time that kids change back to wearing summer uniform (if the school has strict policies).

Guest Nick11
    Hiya Rowy,

We have just bought in Woodcroft and have been in the new house around 4 weeks now.

We have been in Adelaide since end March 08.

Woodcroft last night (sunday) was freezing, seeing was believing I actually had FROST on my back lawn, I was so gobsmacked I had to take a picture of it, cos I'm sure the family at home won't believe me.

Hubby is using his thermal vest from M&S when he goes to work on his motorbike! I am finding it chilly to say the least and would love to wack on the radiators to "take the chill" off. Having said that I am certainly making full use of my woodburner!!!!!

I have the heating on now its lunchtime and the thermometer in the house is reading 19degrees.

Hope that helps!

It took me 3 kettles full of hot water to get the frost off my car at 6 this morning - it kept freezing. The coldest night since july 1983!!!!!!

Got my heating on too- plus a big jumper!!!!

It wasn't this cold last year and we were stuck in the hills where its 5 degrees colder than the city!

Rock on summer - it can't come soon enough!

Hey I remember that cold snap in 1983, I was in my last yr at school and it was 0C at 7am when I was going to feed my horse....in my school skirt, socks, and jumper. I remember thinking if I was in England I'd have a coat ,gloves, hat and tights on! We just refuse to acknowledge the cold weather here, cos it doesn't happen that often and it's not prolonged. This frostiness needs clear skies at night and it was blue sky and warmth in the sun today. However the houses aren't built for really cold weather, it's all about keeping the heat out, which you will appreciate inthe summer when you can feel the heat coming off the walls long after the sun has set.

Guest Roo1

Oooooh, spooky. I've just had a text from my best mate who is coming for a visit in October and asked exactly the same question.

I told her early to mid 20's but yes, brings layers for the evening and, also mozzie spray depending on where you are staying.

Judi x

Guest rowy

Yes , got the spray already!! They love my husband!!! Penny