Sign in to follow this  
Yicker

Advice about visa validity period

Hi,

Hope this doesn't sound too much like a silly question.

We're planning on emigrating to Adelaide sometime in the next couple of years however we want to start our visa application as soon as possible.

What were not sure about is, if our visa application is successful do we have to move to Australia straight away or is there a time period within which we have to move over there?

Cheers

Scott

Guest Bex & Nick

Hiya,

Welcome to PIA! Lots of friendly people on here.

To answer your question, I think it depends on what Visa type you go for - we're going on the SIR 495 and you have to validate your visa within 12 months (from the date of your medicals). From point of validation then the visa lasts a max of 3 years - out of which you need to work for 12 months and live for 2 years in SA, assuming that you want to apply for permanent residency.

Other people may be able to clarify re different visa types

Bex

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Scott

Welcome to PIA. We are going out on a 495 too so my answer is the same as Bex.

Good luck with the application, if you need any other help, just shout - everyone is very helpful.

Deena

Guest bev_stef

Hi Scott

We are also trying for the SIR495, so can only agree with what Bex is saying but Welcome to PIA. This is a great forum with lots of friendly helpful people, so you are definately looking in the right place.

Good Luck

Bev

Hi.

Thanks for all the replies.

We're probably going to get our application started round about the end of July as that's when we'll be back from our honeymoon, which happens to be in Oz.

We'll do some research whilst we're over there to get an idea of what different parts of Adelaide are like and what sort of jobs are available.

Once again thanks for the info, I'm sure I'll be asking lots more questions.

Cheers

Scott