Guest arentol

Arts & Crafts Stores in Adelaide

Guest arentol

Hi all!

I am doing some shopping research! I am wondering if you know of any good arts & crafts stores in Adelaide? A large store that has a bit of everything would be great (e.g. scrapbooking, crafts, ribbons, clay, beading, crocheting, etc.).

Back in the States my wife and I would go to JoAnns (http://www.joann.com) and Michaels (http://www.michaels.com). Do you know of any similar stores in the Adelaide area?

Thanks for your expertise!

Regards,

Aren -

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I have never seen so much art and craft stuff as here in OZ, only when I was in US.

Guest donna T

Spotlight has a whole floor for that stuff in Noarlunga - I know there are others around too. Bunnings has a big section too. The whole scrapbooking thing is sooo big here - they even have weekends away where women scrapbook for the whole weekend and party plan get togethers. www.creativememories.com do the parties.

Guest arentol

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Donna, "Spotlight" and "Bunnings"... what kind of stores are they? (e.g. dept store, grocery, retail, etc.).

We have not yet arrived in Australia, so please forgive my questions. :) Glad to hear that scrapbooking is popular there!

Regards,

Aren -

Hi there,

there is a shop in Marion Shopping Centre called Lincraft, this is a haberdashery shop but also has a section for canvases, paints, card making kits etc.

Guest donna T
    Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Donna, "Spotlight" and "Bunnings"... what kind of stores are they? (e.g. dept store, grocery, retail, etc.).

We have not yet arrived in Australia, so please forgive my questions. :) Glad to hear that scrapbooking is popular there!

Regards,

Aren -

Sorry - Spotlight is a blinds/bedding/material/craft type shop and Bunnings is like B&Q. The Spotlight I go to has the whole top floor dedicated to crafts and materials and Bunnings hasd a whole asile of crafty stuff including stencils and paints etc. Hope that helps - it's not really my thing but my daughter always gets a bit excited with all the colours!

Donna x

Guest arentol

Donna and Cornelia,

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to tell my wife about it tonight. :)

Kind regards,

Aren -