Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHORLEY GIRL

475 and pr

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

A bit confused:confused: we were thinking of traveling a little before settling, been told that as soon as we are granted our Visas we are best going straight over due to time. As we have to live and work for 2 yrs then can apply for PR our Visas are activated from the day we have our CRB or medical whichever we have first. So if we have our medical then it takes us three or four months before we get our visas then we want to travel for a couple of months, we then have to live in Oz for two years this will only give us 6mnths to apply and receive our Visa for PR is this correct?

I have been told it can take a year to gain PR when over there this does not leave much time to apply and gain PR if you cannot apply untill you have lived there 2yrs what happens if the time expires? Have i been totally misinformed and i have had a few to many vinos :goofy:so excuse the spelling mistakes.

Thanks Jo

Guest C&Z

Opps, I hope not. We were under the impression that the three years start from the moment we enter Australia. We received our 495 visa in February and we are going in October.

Claire

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Claire I am hoping for some advice on this topic as we are unsure on this, but have been told this by several people and have been advised to go as soon as we get our visa as it is activated as soon as you go for CRB or Health check, whichever you have first that is why you should allow yourself about 3-4mnths grace as this is how long it can take to come after your CRB's. My friend had her CRB's beg of May and still waiting she is going on PR so no problem for her but for people going on 475 they would be wanting to get out there as they have to have lived out there for 2yrs and can then apply for PR- I THINK? Can anyone help with this question would really appreciate it, how long did it take for other peoples PR to come once out there? and did they go straight away? Thanks Jo

Guest Lulujim
    Hi Claire I am hoping for some advice on this topic as we are unsure on this, but have been told this by several people and have been advised to go as soon as we get our visa as it is activated as soon as you go for CRB or Health check, whichever you have first that is why you should allow yourself about 3-4mnths grace as this is how long it can take to come after your CRB's. My friend had her CRB's beg of May and still waiting she is going on PR so no problem for her but for people going on 475 they would be wanting to get out there as they have to have lived out there for 2yrs and can then apply for PR- I THINK? Can anyone help with this question would really appreciate it, how long did it take for other peoples PR to come once out there? and did they go straight away? Thanks Jo

Hi Chorley Girl,

I will ask my agent now and let you know the answer as soon as I hear back.

Guest Lulujim

hi, my agent sent the following...

The visa is valid for 3 years from the date the visa holder makes their first entry into Australia.

The Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887) is the permanent visa specifically designed for holders of a provisional skilled visa who wish to apply for permanent residency. The application fee is AUD$195 (currently). The application is processed through the Brisbane Processing Centre. I do not know how long the processing times are.

Please see http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/887/index.htm for further information.

hope this helps!! alexis

Guest Emu

Hi, I think is good idea to take some time off to go travelling, we doing the same, as it is probably the only time in our lifes when you don't have rent/mortgage to pay and timewise you can afford to take some time off. Since it only counts from point of entry, no probs to go and sit in a beach somewhere or do something cultural.

Enjoy!

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Thanks for that guys,

Am not sure whether i'm more confused now than what i was before, or have lost faith in my agent as they have told me that i will have 12mnths from the day i go for my CRB.

So does this mean that my agent has got it wrong? Or is it that this 12mnths does not count as the 3yrs it just means that you have 12mnths to enter Oz. Then when you enter Oz your Visa is activated and your 3 yrs begins? I feel as though it's me being totally stupid at the fact i can't get my head round this but like to have all my time planned and have a time scale.

Thanks again

Jo

Guest Lulujim
    Thanks for that guys,

Am not sure whether i'm more confused now than what i was before, or have lost faith in my agent as they have told me that i will have 12mnths from the day i go for my CRB.

So does this mean that my agent has got it wrong? Or is it that this 12mnths does not count as the 3yrs it just means that you have 12mnths to enter Oz. Then when you enter Oz your Visa is activated and your 3 yrs begins? I feel as though it's me being totally stupid at the fact i can't get my head round this but like to have all my time planned and have a time scale.

Thanks again

Jo

You're not being stupid - it's not easy this process!!!

Basically - you have 12 months from having your police check/medicals (whichever's first) to enter oz - and your 3 years on the visa itself start from the day you enter oz - 2 separate things.

Alexis

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Thanks Alexis,

You have just spelt it out for me, understand now and cleared my head really appreciate that. Seems so easy when someone puts is so simply like that.

Thanks again

Jo

Guest C&Z

Hello Jo

I definitely think that you should go travelling before you settle into Aus. Maybe make you way to Aus by going through Asia for a few months. If you go to Thailand, go to an Island called Ko Samet and relax on the beach there, drinking cocktails watching the sun go down!! Then pick up some gorgeous silks in Bangkok for your new home in Aus!! If I could I would do that.

Claire

Guest caoimhe

Hi Jo

My agent also told me that if it looks like you will not fulfil the criteria before the 3 years are up (2 years living in Adelaide and 1 year working) then you can apply for 1 year extension. You can only get the extension once

Hope this helps

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Will def consider that Claire and thats really handy to know about the one year extension thanks for that.

Feel alot happier now, stupid how you start to worry about the simplest of things. Great site this though there seems to always be someone that can answer your question.

Thanks alot guys appreciate it

Jo

Guest Andrew Rose

If you come here as a temp resident, then apply for Permanent residence, you get a 'Bridging visa' to cover you between the end of the temp visa and a decision on the permanent one. So you only have to apply and get acknowledgement of the aplication before the end of the temp vias. If the answer is 'yes', the bridging visa lapses, if its 'No', the bridging visa lasts for 28days from the 'No'. Apply for PR as soon as practical so you have some temp visa time left, just in case.

28 days to leave would be a nightmare.

Guest Guest1495

Hi Jo,

you probably have all the info you need for now, just thought I'd drop a line to let you know we plan to do the same thing. How's your time line going? We are currently waiting to be asked to do the meds so we to have as long as possible to travel on the way to oz.

Unfortunately we have been told there is a back log of applicants so we may have to wait until next year before its all sorted, shame really as we are all set to go, got the funds ect.

good luck with your plans maybe we'll see you on the way :D

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi Paul and Shaz

We are only at early stages, waiting to see if we have passed skills ass. Thats why we haven't bothered with a timeline yet. Your process seems to have been really quick apart from the this final stage holding you up, must be dissapointing when it's all gone so smoothly and now you have to possibly wait untill next year.

See your from Manchester just down the road from sunny Chorley! Can see why you want to make the move. Well fingers crossed that the back log isn't to big and they see your from Manchester and i'm from Chorley feel sorry for us and put us at the top of the pile, Ha!

Good luck with everything

Jo and Tom

Guest Guest1495

yeh its frustrating when you do all you can as fast as you can then you just feel deflated when nothing is happening for so long. I know what you mean about Manchester it feels like the Bronks theses days! can't wait to get on the road! I think we are starting to annoy people now moaning on about the UK :D

good luck with your app and your plans. P&S