User Names

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

Ok, I am bored and fed up with no house sale so time for a bit of light entertainment

Just wondering (as I am a nosy git) how people have choosen their user names.

My O/H signed us up for PIA and he always uses the name Caoimhe (for you poms it is pronounced Keva) it is his daughters name and is Irish for 'gentleness' - he has always used it as a 'user name' because it is more unusual than his own name 'Stephen' so therefore less lightly to have been previously taken

So lets all tell the secret of how we have picked our user names:GEEK:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi jac thanks for your lovely post i have always wanted to know what that name meant,

have been to dublin 3 times with the girls and when choosing gifts for my kids that name is everywhere its a lovely name now i understand it.

i chosed my name coz how corny can you get sue cause me names sue and oz cause i want to go to oz, not very imaginitive but hey there you go i thought it was good at the time.

when we went to the meet last week(fab day) i introduced meself saying hi am sue2oz felt last but they were all great

suexxx

Guest caoimhe
hi jac thanks for your lovely post i have always wanted to know what that name meant,

have been to dublin 3 times with the girls and when choosing gifts for my kids that name is everywhere its a lovely name now i understand it.

Stephen and I are off to Dublin in the morning for a kids free weekend. It was our 1st wedding anniversary yesterday - yes I know we have 4 kids but we only took the plunge last year after 14years together

I kind off guess where your name came from:biglaugh:

SNAP jac, me and david our going on a weekend away to chester kids free too sort off late hunnymoon 7 months late LOL, we got marry after 13 years together

well have a good one i know i will ha ha will be thinking of you have a guiness on me

suexxx

Guest caoimhe
will be thinking of you have a guiness on me

suexxx

Awww that stuff is gross. But I'm sure they will have some lovely Ozzy wine for me to sample

Guest caoimhe
very boaring reasons here as well I'm afraid!!! my name is alison shortened by most people to ali And I lived @ no.51 when I joined hence ali@51!!!!!!!

I always wondered where the '@51' came from-----------told you I was a nosy git

Hi there,

mine is soooo boring and I was actually putting in the start of my email address which I had previously my name is Cornelia Macvicar - user name cormcvcr - tried to change it but it wouldn't let me!!!

Wanted to have something funny but it was too late, I had pressed ok before I read it properly and realised what I was calling myself!

Well, I guess mine is pretty obvious as my business is RooRentals. I tried Roo but it got rejected, as someone already had it :wubclub:......not seen any of their post though.

I was GirlyPants on the yellow site (the nickname given to me by an old friend, I think they got it from a cartoon) but changed it when they updated the site as it wasn't quite the tone I wanted to set for my new business. :biglaugh:

Judi x

Well I have always been CatWithClaws on the yellow screen, and started off with the same on here until I got accused of 'hiding behind a pseudonym' by someone (think she's gone now - hurrah!) so when I re-registered I went with the simple.

Not that I ever hid my true name as even when using CWC I signed each post with 'Diane'!

I used to use CatCalling on the AOL forums in the UK as whenever I was online my cat used to come and sit on my lap and 'help' me. The someone pointed out that a cat 'calls' when it's on heat (which presumably explained some of the odd attention I was getting).....!! As I'd grown my nails pretty long at the time (and had a very slow connection so used to spend lots of PC-time filing and varnishing them) Cat With Claws seemed a natural progression! You could also say I'm pretty placid most of the time, till someone upsets me or has a go at a friend, then the claws come out....

D :-)

Guest salisbury massive

Tyke and Mrs Tyke had come over for a very nice evening and we were talking about the site, i had yet to register.

I live in Salisbury Heights so thats where the Salisbury came from and I was feeling a bit "gansta" so I added the massive. Its not because i am massive !!!:err:

Jo

Guest Aussie pat

I'm an aussie expat who is now a Brit too. That's how I got my user name.

Sat the citizenship test 2 years ago. Now I have a piece of paper that says I know who Father Christmas is!

Guest motlyman

When in the UK i was an MOT tester hence the name MOTlyman.

My email address is colinthepoolman but too many people know me as motlyman as ive had it for some time now so i cant really change it.

Colin

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi

The reason I chose Ready Penny is because that is what my mum calls me. This is because I do everything quickly, including talk, even when I am not in a rush. I always want everything YESTERDAY and cannot wait for anything - ever! What a nightmare am I gonna have waiting for the blessed visa??????

Mandy

well my name is a mix of first n last names, but hatchetface is the one i use on the other site, it's the name i used to use when playing Age of Empires online, battling others for supremacy until my comp got too slow and my invincibility became severely challenged....oops have blown cover for other site now :D

Guest katsmajic

I used our initials to make up my affix for when i showed and bred my dogs..

kats - me

m - maggie

a - alicia

j - jacob

i - is in 3 of our names

c - is in 2 oldest kids names.

nice n easy :jiggy: