Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chelseadownunder

Aus$

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys

The Pound seems to have broken the resistance of$2.09 and this may be triggering a good up trend for the pound.

The bad news is for Australia the "Party may be coming to an end" there has been an uptick in 60 day Arrears, Banks face more bad debts. (Sound familier)

I would welcome views / comments from people over in Adelaide for there views.

The average house price ratio/income is apparantly 5.5 making houses potentially overvalued and household debt stands at 177% of income higher than Britain and America.

Could Oz go through worse than UK and US now commodites are falling off.

This is not meant as doom and gloom just discussion with you all, but I guess for those coming over it could spell an easing on the exchange rate and house prices.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Scott UK (Not for long!!!):):)

P.S. What a crap summer I bet you poms are missing all the rain of the UK. I just had a barby in the rain and all the guests stayed inside !!!

Guest smit
    Hi Guys

The Pound seems to have broken the resistance of$2.09 and this may be triggering a good up trend for the pound.

The bad news is for Australia the "Party may be coming to an end" there has been an uptick in 60 day Arrears, Banks face more bad debts. (Sound familier)

I would welcome views / comments from people over in Adelaide for there views.

The average house price ratio/income is apparantly 5.5 making houses potentially overvalued and household debt stands at 177% of income higher than Britain and America.

Could Oz go through worse than UK and US now commodites are falling off.

This is not meant as doom and gloom just discussion with you all, but I guess for those coming over it could spell an easing on the exchange rate and house prices.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Scott UK (Not for long!!!):):)

P.S. What a crap summer I bet you poms are missing all the rain of the UK. I just had a barby in the rain and all the guests stayed inside !!!

worked in the garden all day......................havent worked out in the rain since I left UK :)..........As for house prices............who knows, they have stalled here, and IMO will probably drop a bit, but then because of some local issues, some areas will still be ok. Exchange rate..............doesnt affect us too much, it just makes my wages look a litle better in comparison to the pound,,at the moment.

Guest graandjac

:)This has always been the one .....if the people on there way want lots of pounds to the dollar , on the flip side it means that the oz economy is not as strong.....so whats the best more dollors in the pocket or living in a stong country in the world wide market...???!!!. Weather oz has a big down turn like the uk/usa is yet to be seen lets hope here they can maybe learn by the mistakes that have been made.....or maybe we can learn by others mistakes and not borrow up to the hilt and be happy with our lot......On the back of a tram ticket......Dont get into Debt trying to keep up with others who are in more debt than you.....????????cheers Graham

Guest Chelseadownunder

Yeh thats a really good point Graham. Debt. I guess if you can control/limit it. Your controling your outgoings. You have more chance of acheiving what you want to long term and surviving in Oz. It must get easier as time goes by.

Scott UK