Sign in to follow this  
Guest dave&jacky

UK phones in Adelaide

Guest dave&jacky

Hi can anyone tell me where you can get a connection to connect uk phones to a telehone connection in adelaide please.

Thanks Dave.

Guest TC for short

Dave

Get Jacky to pop down to Tandy/Comet/Curry's & pick up a few & bring them out. You need female BT socket & RJ11 plug. Obviously you need one for each phone & one for your computer.

Points to note -

1. British phones do not necessarily work here. Officially any phone connected to the network here must be approved & you may get funny dial tones & may not get complete functionality if you use one that isn't.

2. There are two types of Aussie phone socket. The RJ11 as referred to earlier & another that resembles the old wall-mount we used to have until the 70's. If you've got the second, you can get adaptors from Tandy, Bunnings etc to convert to the RJ11 type at about $10 ea.

Hope that helps!

TC

Guest katsmajic

I had heard that UK phones can interfere with the emergency services lines...dont know if its true but its reported to have massive fines if it happens to you. the phones here are not expensive, buy an approved one here.

Guest dave&jacky
    I had heard that UK phones can interfere with the emergency services lines...dont know if its true but its reported to have massive fines if it happens to you. the phones here are not expensive, buy an approved one here.

Thanks for that i havnt heard that before.

Dave& jacky