Guest ecmiller72

Archer street, north adelaide

Guest ecmiller72

hello all

hopefully this is the last email i need to send regarding accommodation :)

we have been offered an apartment on archer street in north adelaide

it is with adelaide dress circle apartments

i would be very keen if anyone had an info on this place

1) is it nice? busy? quiet? close to amenties?

and

2) how easy is it for me to get to the waite campus ?

many thanks in advance for any replies

Guest Rob and Clare

It is in one of the premier areas of adelaide, massive cafe culture around the place and a few trendy bars which go onto the early hours. If you like that atmosphere then there isn't much better, but the side streets away from O'connel street are quiet...

It's a short walk over the king william bridge past the oval into the city, which has to be the best looking part of the city, but North Adelaide also has it's own range of shops and trendy stores.

It's a short drive to Waite Campus across the city, there are probably buses that take you there but i wouldn't know the routes....

yep Archer st is a good location, You can get a free bus around Nth Adelaide and the city, or any of the buses into town. There is a lot to do and some good walks. You can get a bus from town used to be the 176 that went up Fullarton Rd past the Waite institute, taking 15 - 20 mins. On O'Connell St there is the newly revamped shopping centre where a PIA member has a coffee place. There is a kindy in the nearby but I don't know if they offer occasional care, it's called The Barker Free Kindergarten and there used to be a childcare centre in The Baptist church in Tynte st. There is also a small branch of the City library in Tynte st next to the post office. I'd go for it if youlike the accommodation.

Rachel

Guest soggy
    It is in one of the premier areas of adelaide, massive cafe culture around the place and a few trendy bars which go onto the early hours. If you like that atmosphere then there isn't much better, but the side streets away from O'connel street are quiet...

It's a short walk over the king william bridge past the oval into the city, which has to be the best looking part of the city, but North Adelaide also has it's own range of shops and trendy stores.

It's a short drive to Waite Campus across the city, there are probably buses that take you there but i wouldn't know the routes....

I don't know where the waite campus is so can't help you there, but I do live in Archer street so may be of some help on that, I agree with what Rob, or Clare say above, O'Connell street has lots of places to eat and drink and a small shopping center ( zoom espresso is the place to go for a coffee there !!!;):)) it takes a few minutes to drive to the CBD and there is a bus stop in O'Connell street at the junction of Archer street that will take you there if you don't have a car. If you like plane spotting you will love it as planes landing fly low over head, you soon get used to it and night flights are few and far between and I can't say it has caused us any problems but worth mentioning. If you PM me your potential address I will check it out for you and send you a couple of photos of the street around it if you like. One big advantage of living in Archer Street is it's close to Zoom Espresso, where you can get great coffee, gourmet rolls and sandwiches, cakes, burgers, hotdogs ect at great prices in the north adelaide village shopping center ( there, I think I managed to slip that advert in, in such a way the moderators will never notice :unsure::))

Simon

Guest Rob and Clare
    I don't know where the waite campus is so can't help you there, but I do live in Archer street so may be of some help on that, I agree with what Rob, or Clare say above, O'Connell street has lots of places to eat and drink and a small shopping center ( zoom espresso is the place to go for a coffee there !!!;):)) it takes a few minutes to drive to the CBD and there is a bus stop in O'Connell street at the junction of Archer street that will take you there if you don't have a car. If you like plane spotting you will love it as planes landing fly low over head, you soon get used to it and night flights are few and far between and I can't say it has caused us any problems but worth mentioning. If you PM me your potential address I will check it out for you and send you a couple of photos of the street around it if you like. One big advantage of living in Archer Street is it's close to Zoom Espresso, where you can get great coffee, gourmet rolls and sandwiches, cakes, burgers, hotdogs ect at great prices in the north adelaide village shopping center ( there, I think I managed to slip that advert in, in such a way the moderators will never notice :unsure::))

Simon

I've heard the quality of Zoom Expresso is 2nd to non, with great service too.... but let's not turn this thread into an advert for great coffee and cakes at such good value prices..... ha ha...

Guest Aussie pat

We're going to be staying in Melbourne St, North Adelaide (Grand Appt's) for 3 months after we arrive in Nov. I grew up in Adelaide and think North Adelaide is a nice area to stay. Your wife will probably like it too. My children (10 and 11) like babies so if she'd ever like to meet up for a coffee just let me know.

Hedy

Guest moonraker1959

Melbourne Street (Hi Aussie Pat lo)?What a great place to stay.I was a bridesmaid at my best mates wedding in the little church on that street.Lucky you hey?North Adelaide is a lovely area.

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Moonraker,

Yes it's a bit posh. Hopefully they'll let us stay once we get there! Goodluck with your visa.

H.

Melbourne Street (Hi Aussie Pat lo)?What a great place to stay.I was a bridesmaid at my best mates wedding in the little church on that street.Lucky you hey?North Adelaide is a lovely area.