Guest Roo1

My U.K property agent has been sent down!!

Guest Roo1

You know I thought it couldn't get any worse!!

2 years I've had my house up for sale. In that time I've had 3 tennants, all of which have caused some kind of damage.

The 3rd (and final) did a midnight flit with 3 months left in their contract. So with no rent coming in I turned to my agent for the bond. Only to find he's been "off with stress"

What a big LIE. The truth has now come out and he's been sent down for 2 years for fraud!!! The story is he somehow got to manage a couple's mortgage (I think he set up as a mortgage consultant aswell) and pocketed the 125,000 UKP.

Now we find out all the bond money taken from landlords like me, never went into the bond holding place but again into his back pocket.

Since finding this out, my dad, on my behalf has been down to the police station to report him. So once he's out for this crime, he'll have questions to answer about my money and probably a few more irate landlords who haven't got their bond back.

My house is now up for sale and tenant free!! I'm praying for a quick sale!

Judi x

Guest donna T

Oh Judi - that goes from bad to worse. You will be well shot of it - I will keep everything crossed that it goes quickly - keep your chin up lovie :wubclub:

Guest Nick11

Good grief!!! What a parasite!!!

Hope you get a quick sale.

Well I'd string him up by his jiggly bits!:realmad: Oh honey, what a flippin' nightmare. The sooner that house is sold the better! Will keep everything crossed for a quick sale. xxx

Guest Lulujim

You hear about these r'ougue traders' but always think it won't happen to you. What a nightmare - hope the house sells quickly and just think 'what goes around comes around'! x

Guest rockpool crab

2 years I've had my house up for sale. In that time I've had 3 tennants, all of which have caused some kind of damage.

The 3rd (and final) did a midnight flit with 3 months left in their contract. So with no rent coming in I turned to my agent for the bond. Only to find he's been "off with stress"

What a big LIE. The truth has now come out and he's been sent down for 2 years for fraud!!! The story is he somehow got to manage a couple's mortgage (I think he set up as a mortgage consultant aswell) and pocketed the 125,000 UKP.

Now we find out all the bond money taken from landlords like me, never went into the bond holding place but again into his back pocket.

Since finding this out, my dad, on my behalf has been down to the police station to report him. So once he's out for this crime, he'll have questions to answer about my money and probably a few more irate landlords who haven't got their bond back.

Judi x

Feeling for you...that's rotten luck.

fingers and toes crossed for you and hope that sale comes through PDQ.

Carol Ann

Hi Judi, just read your post, that's terrible news.

It must be really frustrating not being able to be there yourself to deal with it, but maybe that's a good thing. I'm sure your dad will sort things out for you and get a quick sale too x

Guest ems

Hi Judi

keeping everything crossed for a quick sale for you.

Emma

Guest Roo1

UPDATE!!!

The police are taking it seriously and are coming over to my dad's house this afternoon to take a statement.

It looks like they are building a case against him, as a guy living down south who had 15 properties with him, drove up this afternoon and went straight to the police as well.

I've also found out that a woman who worked for him has discovered that the little sh** never paid her national insurance or tax (again pocketing it himself). :skeptical:

Guest Django

Oooooooh Judi!!!!!:shocked:

Lets hope they decide to throw away the key.

Fingers crossed for a quick sale for you but its not good here at the mo.

Pete

That's disgraceful, I am pleased the UK bobbies are trying to sort things out for you Judi, all the best.

Guest Libby1971

Oh hun, what terrible news for you. And what a pig that bloke is!:arghh::mad:

Thinking of you all and hoping you get to hear some much better news soon.

Judi x

Just wondering why you did not manage to sell your house 2 years ago when the market was strong. We sold in March 2007 and other poms we know that emigrated all sold around that time more or less straight away. The housing market 2 years ago in the UK was so different to how it is now.

Let's hope the agent makes some 'friends' in prison and doesn't drop the soap ha ha!!!!

Hi Judi

I am shocked and dismayed to read about this.

Have you or Dad been in touch with the National Association of Estate Agents?

http://www.naea.co.uk/about/default.asp

If he is an ANEA Member it is faintly possible (faintly) that they might have a compensation scheme available to help the victims of fraudulent ANEA Members. If he was an ANEA Member it would be worth asking.

It would also be worth asking them about the Agent's own PI insurance. PI policies almost always exclude liability in the event of dishonesty rather than negligence, but it might be possible to say that the "inadvertent loss" of the rent deposit on your house was down to a negligent book keeping error.

Did this Agent have any Partners? Was his company part of a chain?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Roo1

Thanks for the advice Gill. As far as I know he did have a financial partner but that partnership was disolved last year (hmmm, makes me understand why now).

Unfortunalty the estate agents was independant and not a franchise but I'll get my dad to get in touch with NAEA. I didn't think of that!! :idea:

As for why my house hasn't sold in the 2 years its been up Jessica Berry.......well you judge for yourself, as I can't believe it either.

http://www.entwistlegreen.co.uk/search-results.php?searchobj=property_search_sales&dbtype=sales

Enter M26 1HU as postcode

I did have an offer a year ago 20 grand under the asking price and I refused. In hindsight I should have accepted it. :wubclub:

Judi x