chrisfen46

new tra assesment policy 1st sept

well my wife. just been unsucsesfull with tra application . on grounds that cannot satisfy tra that 5 yrs apprenticeship comlpleted.she is a hairdresser got her level 3 nvq, they are satisfied that she can prove she has 900 hrs traning which is the hardest part to prove but not satisfied with the length of apprenticeship. they want 5 yrs, hairdressing apprenticeships dont last 5 yrs. we are going to appeal. our agent says it may have something to do with a change in policy by the tra:arghh: if any one interested they changing assesment policy come sept 1 st. look on this site. www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Guest caoimhe

I now my O/H had to prove 5 years work experience for his occupation as that was why we had to wait until March last year so he had completed the 5 years. It was work experience they wanted not apprenticeship. Has she got 5 years?

Guest lulu and bailey

it would prob be quicker if she came on a student visa and re trained..annoying i know!

Guest caoimhe
    Yes she been hairdressing since she left school at 16, she is now 35.

Whats their B****y problem then

They are suppose to be looking for qualified hairdressers

i dont know whats up with tra. she has passed on 900 yhrs of traning but they on about 5 yr apprenticeship. she has all certificates both for NVQ2 AND NVQ3.She has been selfemployed for 7 yrs and they are satisfied with that bit. we are going to appeal through our agent,

Guest caoimhe

Start a new thread and see if any hairdressers on here know what they might be looking for, I think there are a few

Guest jfa1967

Hi

My wife is on a student visa learning to be a hairdresser. There are a lot of British hairdresser's at the college who either passed in UK or had some experience but they don't recognise the courses over here. I had to sit my HGV driving test again other people we know had to sit there physiotherapy exams again and it is not cheap. We paid a lot of money to come over and put my wife through the college. You can be fast tracked if you are any good. Only been here 8 months its been hard but glad we did it we have another year and half to go before it gets any better. On student visa's we can only work for 20 hours a week very difficult to get work with those hours.

look up Clipjoint School of Hairdressing. hope this helps.

John

hi there john thanks for advice, you can prob help me some more as i have class C HGV and was woundering what work was avaliable and of course what i would have to do as regards my licence. any advice would be great .....

chris..