any hairdressers we could do some advice

chrisfen46

my wife has been in hardressing since she was 16 she is now 35 so has all the experiance and qualifications. but the tra application was not sucsessfull, she passed on the 900 hrs traning, which is the hardest part to prove, but they want proof a 5 yr apprenticeship, which we dont hav as she didnt do a 5 yr apprenticeship.. we are making an appeal. but at a loss as to the tra response. our agent says it may be something to do with the tra policy change in september. :mad:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

The people that do the proof of this and that have no idea here, they couldnt organise a P up in a brewery!

They should know that UK hairdressers do a 3 yr aprenticeship, they do a 4 yr one here so why ask for a 5 yr???

Asf or advice the only thing I can suggest is get to the bottom of it by contacting them direct, there might be some confusion between depts, its not unheard of here!

my wife has been in hardressing since she was 16 she is now 35 so has all the experiance and qualifications. but the tra application was not sucsessfull, she passed on the 900 hrs traning, which is the hardest part to prove, but they want proof a 5 yr apprenticeship, which we dont hav as she didnt do a 5 yr apprenticeship.. we are making an appeal. but at a loss as to the tra response. our agent says it may be something to do with the tra policy change in september. :mad:

Hi there,

There are lots of salons that are only interested in the proof of the pudding.

They won't need an Ozzy cert.

My experience was a little different than your wife's, I spoke to a guy named Alan Shearing at the TRA in the City of Adelaide.

I worked at a training school here for a while and I have to say Australian hairdressing is a little different to English hairdressing.

Its illegal to use 9% and 12% with bleach foils

The trainees are expected to know how to mix up for example 8.64 from scratch

They only use semi colour on hair that has been coloured already not permanent colour. the list can go on and on.

Hope this helps

Lauraxxx

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi there,

There are lots of salons that are only interested in the proof of the pudding.

They won't need an Ozzy cert.

My experience was a little different than your wife's, I spoke to a guy named Alan Shearing at the TRA in the City of Adelaide.

I worked at a training school here for a while and I have to say Australian hairdressing is a little different to English hairdressing.

Its illegal to use 9% and 12% with bleach foils

The trainees are expected to know how to mix up for example 8.64 from scratch

They only use semi colour on hair that has been coloured already not permanent colour. the list can go on and on.

Hope this helps

Lauraxxx

I have worked in 2 salons and had try outs for 3 others, did foils at all the trials, they all use 9 and 12% in foils, I have never heard of anything different in the 2 1/2 yrs I have been here. Christ you could be there all day foiling with 6%:shocked:.

sarah

I have worked in 2 salons and had try outs for 3 others, did foils at all the trials, they all use 9 and 12% in foils, I have never heard of anything different in the 2 1/2 yrs I have been here. Christ you could be there all day foiling with 6%:shocked:.

sarah

I know Sarah, it's changed for the law in England now aswell they are trained to not use 12% in foils.

Here they would rather leave bleach on for 1 hour than have 9 or 12 % on for as long as it takes.

Gauchi uses the no 9 % on foils apparently its all about the condition of the hair.

What they do is lift then tone with a suitable toner.

Lauraxxxx