Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lisa2991

Just getting started

Guest Lisa2991

Hello,

I'm Lisa, I have husband David and two sons Oscar (3) and Louie (2).

We have been thinking of migrating to Adelaide for a while now but instructed a migration agent jusy a week ago. We are completing paperwork for the TRA assesment for David who is an Offset Printer, has anyone else already been through this and have any useful advice?

A friend of David's told us about this forum and we have been reading in earnest for a few weeks. We have already found alot of the postings really reassuring and others a bit worrying (Huntsman Spiders...David hadn't mentioned those!!).

We

Guest Django

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the club. :D We too are at the start of the long road to getting a visa. Hang around I'm sure someone will have all the answers to your questions. :wink:

Pete

Guest graandjac

Welcome Lisa and David

Over time you will find loads of help from this site, everone has been fab from pete's witt to lisa's knowledge fire away with questions and the answer always pops up. Great site for help is Lisa's http://www.adelaidebound.com if you have not already found it.

Cheers

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Lisa and David

Welcome to PIA, it's a great site and is proving invaluable to everyone who uses it. We are in the middle of our 495 visa application. John was assessed by TRA as a Graphic Pre-Press Tradesperson (4911-11) - is this what David is applying as? If so, let us know we may be able to advise you what to send as John has already been positively assessed.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!

Deena and John

Guest Lisa2991

David is applying as Small Offset Printer 4912-13.

We have received the Pre-migration skills assessment form which is asking about formal training but he was trained 'on the job' and doesn't have any formal qualifications. He has been doing the job for 10 years. We just have no idea how to present this information, or what the TRA are looking for.... Any advice???

Guest graandjac

have just done our TRA if you wanted copies of the instructions that our agent sent us happy to post pv us if you want some more details

Cheers Gra and Jac

HI & Welcome to PIA

I know nothing about your OHs skill but I do know that we did as much detail as possible for the TRA Skills assessment, my OH Ashley is the main applicant & he passed fine 8)

Don't hold back, give loads of detail, the more the better (IMO)

Good luck

Angela

ps your agency should help you with this part, you pay them enough, as we all did :roll:

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Lisa

John has no formal qualifications in pre-press eithr and trained "on the job" too. We just got his former boss to write a 3 page description of what he learned and the skills he has acquired in chronological order, what new equipment/processes he has been trained on etc.

Let me know if you would like me to send you a copy, I have a scan of it so can e-mail it to you if it would help.

Good luck.

Deena

Guest bev_stef

Hi Lisa

Welcome. Can't help with your questions, but wanted to wish you good luck with your assessment.

I know what you mean about the scary things on this site, enough to make me scream "I'm not going" when seeing some of those creatures, but then I calm down again and get realistic, of course I want to go, just have to get through this process first!!

Good Luck

Bev

Guest happy-jools

Hi and welcome to PIA

My OH did training on the job, and the advice he got from his agent was to present it in a way that looked like he was trained for the first year, and learnt so much and got paid so much, then the second year her learnt more skills and had a pay increment and so on. He did this and his company were happy to sign this.

We passed the TRA in three weeks.

Any questions and send me a PM

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

We have just sent our TRA application off, OH getting the visa as a metal fabricator. Any questions send a PM, more than happy to help. We should hear back in 2 - 3 weeks. What agent have you gone with?

from Sarah and Neil

Guest Lisa2991

We are using Visa Connection. We have just this morning received the templates for the TRA assessment.

Everything seems to be moving along a bit now, at first our agent seemed to be really slow but after a couple of emails and calls we established that the guy we spoke with initially wasn't the person who would be processing everything. We are in contact with out migration consultant now by snail mail, email and telephone so fingers crossed were getting somewhere!!

:)

Guest gaz&jo
    Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the club. :D We too are at the start of the long road to getting a visa. Hang around I'm sure someone will have all the answers to your questions. :wink:

Pete

i thought you would of been gone by now how far are you in to it , i spoke to you on a few occasions

Guest Django
    i thought you would of been gone by now how far are you in to it

:lol: :lol: We haven't even got as far as skill assessment yet. :( We are on a go slow with the NMC witing for a document just so Tracey can get registered in Oz as a nurse. :roll: :roll:

Pete