serena

Shipping Containers

Hi All,

Like many others, we are awaiting the sale (!) of our house before we can go. Visa expires 10th November, so buyers please get a move on!!

We have decided to ship just a few things, and do not need a whole container.

Just our sons' favourite toys, a small sofabed, my husbands guitars and amp, plus his extensive music collection! Also some sentimental knicknackery and books I don't want to part company with yet. I have no idea what this translates to in square footage, surely not too much, possibly a van load?

My question to all you lot out there is; do you know how we could go about obtaining part of a container? Or some sort of 'container share scheme!

Any Ideas??

Thank you,

Mind you, if we don't sell soon it's all academic.....sob.

Guest MitchKeza

Hello, Funny enough we have been contacting Removal/Shipping Companies for quotes ourselves today on this subject. We are hoping to arrive Adelaide June 2009. Not sure who we are going with at the moment as most of the shipping/removal companies we spoke to want more info to give us a quote. Anglo Pacific were one company that did mention they do three types of removal. Large (40 foot container), medium (20 foot container) and The Mini Move. The Mini Move is space that is shared in a "Groupage Container" by a number of people who are emigrating. Anyhow, hope this helps. Regards... Mitchkeza.

all shipping companies can quote you for a shared container or groupage as some call it,price is based on volume you use. personally i would ship as much stuff as you can its cheaper than starting again. we used john masons international and they were excellent:)

Thanks for the info guys, I hadn't called any removal companies yet, I didn't realise they did that - still waiting for some house buyers before I get too organised!!

As far as taking everything, we haven't got loads of stuff (small 3 bed semi), and our kitchen stuff is prettty knackered. I haven't been buying anything for the past couple of years, I kept thinking 'I'll get that when we move'! But maybe you're right we should take everything, I hadn't thought too much about the figures, it probably would be cheaper that buying new. Showed your replys to hubby and he agrees.

Thank you both for your advice, I shall get my head out of the sand and get calling removal companies. I'll let you know via this post if we book with one of them!

Thank you

Serena

all shipping companies can quote you for a shared container or groupage as some call it,price is based on volume you use. personally i would ship as much stuff as you can its cheaper than starting again. we used john masons international and they were excellent:)

Hi Ozzieclare2be,

I just noticed on your reply, you're moving to Seaford? At first I thought Essex?! Then realised you probably mean Victoria! May I ask why? You see we're torn between Melbourne and Adelaide, (you know what it's like, before you go you alternate between 'going for it' and 'cold feet' - always looking for advice!) - plus I'm just being nosey!

Serena

Hi Ozzieclare2be,

I just noticed on your reply, you're moving to Seaford? At first I thought Essex?! Then realised you probably mean Victoria! May I ask why? You see we're torn between Melbourne and Adelaide, (you know what it's like, before you go you alternate between 'going for it' and 'cold feet' - always looking for advice!) - plus I'm just being nosey!

Serena

I think Clare means Seaford Rise Serena, south of Adelaide - I could be wrong though!