Contract accountant required

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi guys

I know there has been much talk of work recently, but as you know I work for a recruitment consultancy in the city. We have an urgent requirement for an accountant in the southern suburbs for a 6month contract - please note, this is not a permanent role.

Our client are looking for someone with the following experience

1. General ledger accounting, including general journals

1. General ledger reconciliations in compliance with company policy

1. Assistance with month-end reporting, including Intercompany trade and loan accounts

1. Other duties, which may involve some broader Finance Team tasks

These responsibilities will involve working with their team and also being able to work autonomously when set tasks. Our client use JD Edwards for our general ledger accounting and Microsoft Excel for most of our reconciliations and reporting requirements.

They are seeking an accountant with approximately 3 years experience in either an accounting firm or in commerce. May suit someone who is studying toward their CA/CPA qualification.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to PM me. Always love to hear from any accountants for contract or permanent opportunities.

Thanks a lot guys

Cheers

Sas

:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We are hoping to come over next year however I am unsure there will be a job for me. As you work in the recruitment field what are the opportunities in the finance field.

I am the breadwinner of the family so need to secure something. In the UK I am a qualified CA currently a Financial Controller and prior to that a senior finance manager earning in the region of £55-£65k. Matching the salary isn't a priority but I would like to know if I have a chance of being able to find something suitable or should I be looking at Melbourne area. That however then defeats the purpose of moving as I want to get away from working in a huge city centre with long commute.

Not sure if this makes sense but is there hope for me!!!:v_SPIN:

Guest doogie1

Hi,

I know this has nothing to do with the position that you are advertising, but i am a recruitment consultant in scotland, can you advise me whether i can use this to move to Auz, any agencies that recruit from here to there?

Guest donna T
Hi,

I know this has nothing to do with the position that you are advertising, but i am a recruitment consultant in scotland, can you advise me whether i can use this to move to Auz, any agencies that recruit from here to there?

Hi doogie1

I was 10 years in recruitment in London and although the job is not on the skills listings, there are certainly other ways for you to get here. If you get Recruiter magazine, the careers sections will show quite a few agencies who recruit in London to work in Australia. Usually you have a UK interview, then fly out to Oz and have a series of interviews set up over 10 days. Bu the end of the 10 days, you shouls have a job offer and a sponsorship offer too. The only drawback is that you are expected to go home, resign and be in Oz within a month or so - so you need to have sold your house and be ready to go.

Good luck

Donna x