Guest darren alley

are there any jobs?

Guest darren alley

hello. this is my first thread and not quite sure what to do, if i can introduce myself, my name is darren, and with my family i am hopeing to emmirgrate to adelaide soon. i have just summited my T.R.A for printing and was just wondering how difficult it was to find work. i know it may be to soon to look but it will put my partners mind at rest if she knows there are some jobs out there. any advice will be of great help.

Hi Darren,

I emigrated to adelaide in December last year. I wa fortunate enough to have a job to come to but my hubby was in a terrible state wondering if at 41 he would be able to get a job. The system here is a bit slow so he applied for several jobs within the first 3 weeks and soon he had offers coming out of his ears. Not sure what line of work you are in but there are plenty of jobs around. My advie would be to apply for anything and everything you think you can do and then keep a look out fr the job you actually want. Hubby was keen to get a job with the Ambos in their call centre but was offered a communications job with a water company first. He took it coz he didn't want to be out of work and then hey presto he got offered the Ambos one too.

Start thinking about what you could do and take a look onlibe at some of the job sites here. Think there is one called careersone!!!

Karen

Guest darren alley

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Guest darren alley
    Hi Darren,

I emigrated to adelaide in December last year. I wa fortunate enough to have a job to come to but my hubby was in a terrible state wondering if at 41 he would be able to get a job. The system here is a bit slow so he applied for several jobs within the first 3 weeks and soon he had offers coming out of his ears. Not sure what line of work you are in but there are plenty of jobs around. My advie would be to apply for anything and everything you think you can do and then keep a look out fr the job you actually want. Hubby was keen to get a job with the Ambos in their call centre but was offered a communications job with a water company first. He took it coz he didn't want to be out of work and then hey presto he got offered the Ambos one too.

Start thinking about what you could do and take a look onlibe at some of the job sites here. Think there is one called careersone!!!

Karen

hi karen

thanks for the help. i am a printer and i am sure i will find something, i know it is a long way off but it might take a little worry from michele's long list of worries.

darren

hi karen

thanks for the help. i am a printer and i am sure i will find something, i know it is a long way off but it might take a little worry from michele's long list of worries.

darren

have you tried looking on the job websites such as seek.com or careeone.com.au? These will give you more of an idea. I would have thought that printing like most trade type jobs are more popular up north, people do struggle and it can take alot of applications to get in as we have found x

Guest donna T

My husband and a few others on this forum are in the printing / finishing game here. Work seems to be plentifull but not very well paid. Russ is a finisher and works for one of the larger companies - Finsbury Green. They have a big printing section as well as finishing and I know they have previously sponsored Brits. Salary is around $43,000 on a split shift - mornings and afternoons

Good luck

Donna x

Hey.

I am a screen printer here and had 3 job offers within a week of arriving. I made my contacts b4 i left and called them all when i arrived.

The work is out there...you just have to go and find it...my job wasnt even advertised!!

Dan

Guest graandjac

:)Might be worth chatting to steve from steve and tracy on the site he is a printer and had his job sorted before he arrived. cheers Graham

Guest Nick11

Lots of printing work over here. Hubby is a print finisher. However I'm quite suprised at how many guys are coming over here in that line of work. Went to a bbq recently and 5 out of the 7 guys there were in the printing trade.

In our experience wages vary greatly between companies.

Guest darren alley
    :)Might be worth chatting to steve from steve and tracy on the site he is a printer and had his job sorted before he arrived. cheers Graham
    will do that thanks for the help

cheers daz

Guest darren alley
    Lots of printing work over here. Hubby is a print finisher. However I'm quite suprised at how many guys are coming over here in that line of work. Went to a bbq recently and 5 out of the 7 guys there were in the printing trade.

In our experience wages vary greatly between companies.

yes i know, there is going to be no printers left over here soon. not massively worried about wages, just need that job but not sure when to start applying, i have only just sent my t.r.a

thanks for the help

daz

Guest darren alley
    Hey.

I am a screen printer here and had 3 job offers within a week of arriving. I made my contacts b4 i left and called them all when i arrived.

The work is out there...you just have to go and find it...my job wasnt even advertised!!

Dan

thanks for the help, it looks like there are quite a few jobs out there, not sure when to start applying i have only just sent my t.r.a

cheers

daz

Guest darren alley
    My husband and a few others on this forum are in the printing / finishing game here. Work seems to be plentifull but not very well paid. Russ is a finisher and works for one of the larger companies - Finsbury Green. They have a big printing section as well as finishing and I know they have previously sponsored Brits. Salary is around $43,000 on a split shift - mornings and afternoons

Good luck

Donna x

thanks Donna judging by the response, there does seem to be quite a few jobs out there, not sure when to start applying i have only just sent my t.r.a

thanks again

daz

Guest darren alley
    have you tried looking on the job websites such as seek.com or careeone.com.au? These will give you more of an idea. I would have thought that printing like most trade type jobs are more popular up north, people do struggle and it can take alot of applications to get in as we have found x
    thanks for the help have looked on a few sites. judging from some of the help i have had from you guys over there.

there does seem to be quite a few jobs but not sure when to start appling, i have only just sent my t.r.a

thanks again

daz

Guest darren alley
    I had sent my Resume of when i did my TRA....just keep sending it every few months!!

Dan

cheers mate. will do that, again thanks for the help

daz

Guest graandjac
    cheers mate. will do that, again thanks for the help

daz

:)People will take you more seriously if you have a date for your arrival , as they must have so many enquiries from the uk and lots never make it out. good luck cheers Graham