Guest cunnah10

Still no visa but buyers want to move into our house in 4 weeks time maximum!

    Recommended Posts

    Guest cunnah10

    As some of you guys know we struck lucky and managed to get first time buyers to put an offer in on our house!

     

    They have just phoned us direct and said that they would like to give their 4 week notice on the house that they rent at the moment and that they have already packed most of their things and want us to agree to a handing over of the keys and moving in date being 4 weeks from now!:goofy:

     

    WE STILL HAVE NO VISA THROUGH (SIR 475):mad:

     

    my parents are telling us that we must NOT sign any contracts until we get the official phone call on the visa!:realmad:

     

    But we feel that we should not risk losing these buyers and that we should agree to move out in 4 weeks time (we are due to actually exchange next week).

    We understand my parents anxieties and that they are worried that we will actually end up homeless (with 4 kids)until the visa is sorted!Which is true but we are already thinking that we will just have to stay in my parents static caravan on a holiday park until the visa comes through!

     

    I have read that quite a few members on here "HAVE" moved out of their homes before they actually got their visa through!

    Be a shame to lose these buyers (although i don't think they would back out now and if we all exchange next week then nobody can back out)

     

    If we just had the visa sorted then everything would be fine:sad:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest caoimhe

    Don't let them go

    We are sitting with the visa and can't do anything about it. Got an offer from an investment company for 70grand less than the asking price. We considered taking it but that would mean we would have no money at all to put down on a house in Oz and at our age and with 4 kids when would we ever get to save up enough for a deposit on our own home. If they would have given us an extra 10,000 I would have taken it. I have looked into renting it out but we would need to remortgage first and could only afford an interest only mortgage, even at that we would be 200 short a month between the rent and mortgage. I have spent the day in tears as I am so fraustrated about the whole thing and don't know if I can take it any more.

    Speak to your agent and see if they think there would be ANY reason you would not get the visa and if they can't see a reason then go ahead with the sale. You could ask the buyer's to give you 6 weeks and hopefully you will have something through by then.

    Honestly Gill you have no idea how hard it is sitting here with a visa and not being able to go. I can feel the dream slowly slipping away. I would rather be in your situation with a house sale and no visa than in mine

    :sad:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Django

    Hi Gill,

     

    We move out in 4 weeks you could move into ours. :idea: It'll be fabby for you if don't mind the journey to work everyday. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

     

    I agree with Jack. Bend over backwards to keep your buyers happy. They are as rare as a Man Utd fan coming from Manchester.

     

    Pete

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest cunnah10
    Don't let them go

    We are sitting with the visa and can't do anything about it. Got an offer from an investment company for 70grand less than the asking price. We considered taking it but that would mean we would have no money at all to put down on a house in Oz and at our age and with 4 kids when would we ever get to save up enough for a deposit on our own home. If they would have given us an extra 10,000 I would have taken it. I have looked into renting it out but we would need to remortgage first and could only afford an interest only mortgage, even at that we would be 200 short a month between the rent and mortgage. I have spent the day in tears as I am so fraustrated about the whole thing and don't know if I can take it any more.

    Speak to your agent and see if they think there would be ANY reason you would not get the visa and if they can't see a reason then go ahead with the sale. You could ask the buyer's to give you 6 weeks and hopefully you will have something through by then.

    Honestly Gill you have no idea how hard it is sitting here with a visa and not being able to go. I can feel the dream slowly slipping away. I would rather be in your situation with a house sale and no visa than in mine

    :sad:

    Hi Jacqui

     

     

    This is our worry..... losing these buyers BUT would feel "safer" with the visa granted!

    Have spoken to our agent and he assures us that he has no worries about us getting the visa it's just the waiting that is the problem!

     

    I really feel for you and wish you luck with your situation

     

     

    Open a bottle of wine..........i just have!!!!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest caoimhe

     

    Open a bottle of wine..........i just have!!!!

     

    Have been drunk the last 2 nights and just cry more

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest cunnah10
    Hi Gill,

     

    We move out in 4 weeks you could move into ours. :idea: It'll be fabby for you if don't mind the journey to work everyday. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

     

    I agree with Jack. Bend over backwards to keep your buyers happy. They are as rare as a Man Utd fan coming from Manchester.

     

    Pete

    Thanks Pete

     

     

    How are you feeling about everything now!

     

    Wow flights booked and off you go very very soon!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest cunnah10
    Have been drunk the last 2 nights and just cry more

    Arr bless you.................Stress is so horrible and cruel!!!!

     

    Will keep my fingers,toes and everything else crossed for you!!!!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Gill,

     

    we have sold our house and are waiting for visa to come through.We accepted less than asking price because we knew housing market would get a lot worse and had quite a few viewing with no joy and did not want to risk no one else been interested in our house,so do not let them go you never know when someone will put in a good offer.

    We are now living with my wife Lisa mam and dad, its not too bad but at least we are saving money and with some luck visa will come through soon and we can book our flights.

     

    Good luck.

     

    Steven,Lisa,Sam(13) & Georgia(10):v_SPIN:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest cunnah10
    Hi Gill,

     

    we have sold our house and are waiting for visa to come through.We accepted less than asking price because we knew housing market would get a lot worse and had quite a few viewing with no joy and did not want to risk no one else been interested in our house,so do not let them go you never know when someone will put in a good offer.

    We are now living with my wife Lisa mam and dad, its not too bad but at least we are saving money and with some luck visa will come through soon and we can book our flights.

     

    Good luck.

     

    Steven,Lisa,Sam(13) & Georgia(10):v_SPIN:

    Thanks Steven...............We will be in same situ as you!

    what visa are you waiting for?

    when did you "lodge" it?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi Gill

     

    we are going on subclass 457 did this online in June,got case worker after a couple of days sent off paperwork needed , had medicals done on 1st August.Up to now everything going OK just waiting for that important green light.

     

    All the best

     

    Steven.:notworthy:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Django

     

    Wow flights booked and off you go very very soon!

     

     

    Yeah we fly in a months time tomorrow. :shocked: Never thought I would be saying that a few days ago. Container leaves on the 4th. All very exciting. :jiggy:

     

    Jacqui, keep positive something will work out. There is always a way because the will is there.;)

     

    Pete

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest natdan
    Don't let them go

    We are sitting with the visa and can't do anything about it. Got an offer from an investment company for 70grand less than the asking price. We considered taking it but that would mean we would have no money at all to put down on a house in Oz and at our age and with 4 kids when would we ever get to save up enough for a deposit on our own home. If they would have given us an extra 10,000 I would have taken it. I have looked into renting it out but we would need to remortgage first and could only afford an interest only mortgage, even at that we would be 200 short a month between the rent and mortgage. I have spent the day in tears as I am so fraustrated about the whole thing and don't know if I can take it any more.

    Speak to your agent and see if they think there would be ANY reason you would not get the visa and if they can't see a reason then go ahead with the sale. You could ask the buyer's to give you 6 weeks and hopefully you will have something through by then.

    Honestly Gill you have no idea how hard it is sitting here with a visa and not being able to go. I can feel the dream slowly slipping away. I would rather be in your situation with a house sale and no visa than in mine

    :sad:

     

    Totally mirror everything jackie says , do NOT lose those buyers what ever you do , surely your visas will be here soon, we hope so.:) We are in the same position as jackie [ got visas but no buyer !! :arghh: YET. ] so know exactly how she"s feeling. TRYING TO KEEP SANE and not to drink to much , but not doing the latter very well !!. GOOD LUCK Gill what ever you decide and do, and jackie stay positive, we are. One way or another we will have to visit oz by xmas , HAPPY DAYS .

     

    Wayne n Louise.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest danlee101

    Hi

    The housing market is doing my head in but we are going ahead anyway. Slightly different in that I and the kids have Aust. Passports and we are just waiting on Aust Fed Police before Spouse Visa granted.

     

    Rent won't cover the mortgage so need to make sure I get the right job paying the right money to cover it (and rent a chaper place in Adelaide too). Hardly any cash behind us but a whole lot or purpose the time is right now to go, not in 2 years.

     

    We all go on 15/9 with or without my wifes Visa. Figure she can enter as atourist and go pick it up in Singapore if we need to. I'll return to UK to finish off work etc for 5-6 weeks.

     

    Our approach (works for us but maybe not others) is to simply make the decision and committ. if someone had come along for house months ago I would have snapped their hands off and removed one less obstacle. In a nutshell, take action on what you can control (e.g. accepting house sale offer) and worry less about what you can't control (when visa comes thru).

     

    Or to put it another way, ask yourself what you can do rather than worry about what you can't do (ddin't intend to preach, just that I often need to remind myself when I'm frustrated)

     

    I wish you all well and you have my respect and admiration for upping sticks to move to Australia. Takes a lot of faith and courage and I hope you settle in well when you get there

     

    Dan

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest caoimhe

    Jacqui, keep positive something will work out. There is always a way because the will is there.;)

     

    Pete

     

    Thanks Pete

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest cunnah10
    Hi

    The housing market is doing my head in but we are going ahead anyway. Slightly different in that I and the kids have Aust. Passports and we are just waiting on Aust Fed Police before Spouse Visa granted.

     

    Rent won't cover the mortgage so need to make sure I get the right job paying the right money to cover it (and rent a chaper place in Adelaide too). Hardly any cash behind us but a whole lot or purpose the time is right now to go, not in 2 years.

     

    We all go on 15/9 with or without my wifes Visa. Figure she can enter as atourist and go pick it up in Singapore if we need to. I'll return to UK to finish off work etc for 5-6 weeks.

     

    Our approach (works for us but maybe not others) is to simply make the decision and committ. if someone had come along for house months ago I would have snapped their hands off and removed one less obstacle. In a nutshell, take action on what you can control (e.g. accepting house sale offer) and worry less about what you can't control (when visa comes thru).

     

    Or to put it another way, ask yourself what you can do rather than worry about what you can't do (ddin't intend to preach, just that I often need to remind myself when I'm frustrated)

     

    I wish you all well and you have my respect and admiration for upping sticks to move to Australia. Takes a lot of faith and courage and I hope you settle in well when you get there

     

    Dan

    Cheers Dan

     

     

    Good luck to you ands your family too!!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Trakki

    If I was in your shoes I would definitely go for it. Hey, you could even book the same flight as us!!:biglaugh: Passengers would love that many kids on the flight.

     

    Seriously though the way the market is at the mo, I would not risk losing the buyers.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Trakki
    Hi Pete

     

    did you get a full or part container and which company did you use

     

    Cheers Steven.

     

    We have got a 20ft container and are using PSS.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Django
    We have got a 20ft container and are using PSS.

     

     

    Like my answering service said. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

     

    Pete

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest sarahsmartiepants

    Its a no brainer...go for it! In the unlikely event you dont get the visa then buy another house, you never know you might get a cheaper one than the one you sold!

    sarah

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Hi

    I'm with everyone else on this one just go for it dont loose your buyers. Our house has been on the market for about 3 weeks now and no interest as yet:arghh:, but dont care have booked flights for 11th March and will rent out if dont sell.

    Live your dream:jiggy:

    Jo x

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest massive

    Hi Gill

    We sold our house in feb thank goodness we didn't get the visa till July and even had a last minute hick up with the medicals but that got sorted .

    We had friends who went to perth 2 years ago an have only just sold there house here and they said it was really hard and like someone possted (carn't remember who sorry ) the way the market is here now you could always buy a bargin think positive though it will come when you least expect it

    Good luck

    Debbie

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest isandev

    Hiya Gill,

     

    As you know we sold our house before the visa had been granted but we were in the same position as you and had done all the police checks and meds. Unless Tom has a secret criminal past I think you will be fine as we were. The fact is that not too many houses are selling over there and it would be terrible if you let the buyers go and then get your visa granted soon after. The very worst thing that will happen is that you will end up buying new in England and as the market is getting worse and worse you will probably end up in a better house.

     

    Boarding now!!! Hopefully see you very very soon.

     

    Gavin

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest cunnah10
    Hiya Gill,

     

    As you know we sold our house before the visa had been granted but we were in the same position as you and had done all the police checks and meds. Unless Tom has a secret criminal past I think you will be fine as we were. The fact is that not too many houses are selling over there and it would be terrible if you let the buyers go and then get your visa granted soon after. The very worst thing that will happen is that you will end up buying new in England and as the market is getting worse and worse you will probably end up in a better house.

     

    Boarding now!!! Hopefully see you very very soon.

     

    Gavin

    Just sent you a PM... great to hear from you.... been thinking about you all on your journey over!

     

    Speak soon

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now