antlet

SIR 495 schooling

I'm sure I've asked this before and thought I Knew the answer but not sure now.... on a SIR , 495 do you pay for education ? that is other than the usual uniforms,books, etc

Guest caoimhe

In the state schools everyone pays a few hundred dollars a year fees, not sure how much but nothing too drastic

Yes my children go to a catholic school & you do pay on this visa, they are very helpful with payment options, weekly, by term what is best for you.

Yep I agree with Nick. I pay and extra $35 for school trips for a year. My son is going on a trip to the City tomorrow total cost $5. He is visiting the State Library,Art Gallery, Artlab Australia and the Festival Theatre. So on the whole it is much cheaper than the UK.

I hope this helps.

Thank you. So you pay, obviously for privately run schools - i.e catholic etc, but State run schooling is free (as in UK) but payment for trips, books, etc are on top of that - same as UK then. Brilliant!

Guest caoimhe
    My son is going on a trip to the City tomorrow total cost $5. He is visiting the State Library,Art Gallery, Artlab Australia and the Festival Theatre. So on the whole it is much cheaper than the UK.

I hope this helps.

You can say that again, my sons last school trip cost me £13.90 and he already had 4 that year and I have 4 at school

Guest cbeeb

my kids are 330 AUD for a year each that includes admin, books, photocopying and excursion levy thet is paid upfront as opposed to every outing. Came from republic ireland and i think it is great value. My nephew goes to religious based school and fees are2K a year plus voluntary donation and building fund and excursions( He is 8) high school is more for religious schools. On a 495 visa