Sign in to follow this  
Guest philnjulie

457 visa

Guest philnjulie

Hi,

could anyone help . Has any one moved employers while in australia on a 457 visa and could they tell us what is involved .

Phil

Guest petenic63

hi well as far as i understand you can move employers as long as you can find one to take over the sponsored visa , what line of work are you in , may be worth ringing around a few places see what they have to offer , otherwise i think you have to stay with the employer that is sponsoring you , i am also on 457 , hope this helps , nicky

Guest Abby

hi

I havent changed job, but my husband has. If you can find another employer who will sponsor you on a 457, then you can transfer your visa. if your lucky enough, your new employer may also pick up the cost. The transfer took about 1 week. hope this helps.

p.s what line of work you in? my husband is in recruitment and he may be able to help!

good luck

Abby

Guest philnjulie

hi, thanks for the reply could you tell me the way you did the change did you use an agent or solicitor and what were the costs , which forms were filled out many thanks phil

Guest daren.wr9

Hi Phil,

Dont know if this answers your question:

your employer can terminate your employment but not cancel your 457 visa. If you lose your job before the end of your contract, you have 28 days to apply for a new 457 visa with a new sponsor. Get in touch right away with DIAC and inform them of your situation. A Bridging Visa may be provided to you to give you more time to process your new 457 visa application or to look for a new sponsor. If you do not have a new sponsor and a new visa (457 or Bridging Visa) after 28 days, you become an illegal alien in Australia.