Sign in to follow this  
Guest hayls

WE GOT THE OAA

Guest hayls

Yes we have got the oaa i am so pleased it will save us loads of money and hopefully give us time to really explore,

After checking the calender and making sure we had just gone past the 4 weeks mark until we go, i decided to e-mail s.a. immigration and ask if we had been lucky enough to get the oaa, as we had not heard and i was fearing the worst, and first thing this morning i had a reply saying that yes a house would be booked for us on arrival and that they wouls e-mail us the address 7-10 days before we arrive and instructions where to go at the airport :lol: :lol: :lol: heres hoping its ok, i dont care actually just sooooo glad to have got it.

A Happy Hayls

Congratulation to you All :):):)

Well Done. Are you nervous about what to expect? I have heard good & bad reviews. I am sure it will be fine for you. How long will you stay in that accomodation for?

Are you staying there until you get a rental?

Angela

Guest dglamoore

Hi Happy Hayls

That is great news for you!! Must be a huge weight off your mind knowing you now have somewhere to stay :D

We sent our application odd for OAA last month so fingers crossed we will be as lucky as you when the time comes - saves you loads of money in the beginning doesn't it? Did you request meet and greet too?

Lisa :D

Guest donna T

Hi Hayls

That's fantastic news - I wish they let you know where a bit sooner though so you could do some serious research.

Any ideas where you want to live yet? We have our eyes on West Beach but I don't know if we can afford it until we have a scout around.

Best of luck with getting a good one

Guest hayls

Thanks you guys,

Yes i am nervous as what to expect,but if the place is ok we might make the most of the twelve weeks that you are allowed to have it, then we can have a really good explore, we keep changing our minds about renting or buying straight away if we have 3 months in the oaa and know we like adelaide we might buy straight away as house prices are rising and i believe we could make more money in property than leaving it in an account, but time will tell.

I am very pleased that we got it as not many do it seems :lol:

I did request the blackwood area but whether i get any where near we will see.

Thanks again speak to u all soon.

Hayls

Hayls

Great news....we too want to do the OAA thing.

Kee thinking about you going....its so near.......you must have butterflies everyday of the week!

S eak soon.....

sarahx

Hayles, have you got your address now, I know you are travelling 1st January, and we are also, but with Virgin. We will be in Belair staying with our son & Daughter in law.

You mentioned that you had requested Blackwood in your earlier post, this is quite a good area and handy for the shops. It is a little distance from the City, but very close to the Shopping Mall in Marion which has evrything there. You also get some wonderful views over the city as Blackwood is in the Adelaide Hills.

Best of Luck

Hi Hayls, Yes we will be online at times during our visit.

I did not know where galndore was, but have now looked it up. It is situated just off Anzac Highway, which is the main Dual Carrigeway between the City and Glenelg, which is an up market seaside area. The Trams also run between Glenelg and the City along more or less the same route. There is a large supermarket, either Kmart or Woolworths quite close to this area, and it would be easy to check out the Brighton Area which is relatively closeby.

Try to relax over Christmas, as I guess you will be mighty busy afterwards.