Guest PEZ

Non Driver

Guest PEZ

Although i am 41 i dont drive, i was wondering if getting a job (glass trade) and getting about would still be possible in Adelaide. Or should i start to learn now (dreading it, lacking confidence).

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I think being able to drive here is a must. Public transport although to and from the central hubs is not too , it is not that good for connecting.

I would think you would need to drive in the glass trade to get from A_B, but then you might not be going out on site.

I guess it would depend on yur job where you live and the pub transport.

sarah

Guest Mezza

Tip - and I stand to be corrected, but if you at least have a provisional UK licence, the learner logbook time requirements are less.

As others have said, if you're a tradie you could be working on sites all over the place and many won't have good public transport. On the plus side - you could drive around in a true-blue ozzie ute;)

Guest caoimhe
    Although i am 41 i dont drive, i was wondering if getting a job (glass trade) and getting about would still be possible in Adelaide. Or should i start to learn now (dreading it, lacking confidence).

If you learn out there you could just learn to drive an automatic which are easier and very popular there. Also if you learned here and are not driving long when you get out there you may find it harder to adjust to their roads etc so may be better waiting