Guest alan smallman

Tongue-in-cheek!

Guest alan smallman

Hi:idea:

Anyone had enough of Adelaide? Can't sell your house but want so desperately to return to the UK...........................................? Fancy a house-swap? It's in Boston (Lincs) it's got 4 beds, 2 reception rooms, conservatory, GCH, garage etc etc etc. It's been valued at 220k. It'd be great for a nurse/dr wanting to work at the local hospital. Countryside on yer doorstep, I'll even put a good word in for you so getting a job won't be a problem!!!!!:)

No? You sure? Thought not!! Well - can't blame me for trying can yer? :biglaugh:

Alan

Anyone had enough of Adelaide? Can't sell your house but want so desperately to return to the UK...........................................? Fancy a house-swap? It's in Boston (Lincs) it's got 4 beds, 2 reception rooms, conservatory, GCH, garage etc etc etc. It's been valued at 220k. It'd be great for a nurse/dr wanting to work at the local hospital. Countryside on yer doorstep, I'll even put a good word in for you so getting a job won't be a problem!!!!!:)

No? You sure? Thought not!! Well - can't blame me for trying can yer? :biglaugh:

Alan

Hey Alan

i think thats a really good idea, who knows, someone may want to come back!!

Worth a try.

Just did you a really long reply to another thread and it pinged me out:arghh:

Carole

Guest caoimhe

Alan

If you don't fancy Lincs, what about Belfast

Lovely city now we have stopped fighting:biglaugh:

Guest alan smallman

Hey Caoimhe

I appreciate the humour!! My grandad (James Patrick Murphy) came from the Springfield Road (so he did). My mom was called Bridie Murphy!!! Never been to Belfast, but I'm quite proud of my Irish roots. I grew up in a place called Aston in Birmingham, which had a large settlement of Irish people. I used to work with women who new my family and they used to call me a half-breed!! It made me feel quite proud.

xx Alan (or as my grandad used to call me 'Allin')

Guest alan smallman

Cheers Nick

Thing is - I wouldn't know what to do if anone said 'yeah! Ok then!!' It is a sentiment I've instilled into our three kids. Our daughter is trying to come to terms with not going until we sell, so she's having to look for work AND try to survive in London at the mo. She' s just got a BA in performing arts at the Central School Of Speech & Drama in Swiss Cottage. she's looking for work as an Asst Director (by-the-way this isn't another ad!!) and she's sent so many e-mails on the basis that 'if you don't ask you don't get. wonder what the latin is for that? Might adopt it as the Smallman family motto!!

Cheers

Alan

Guest caoimhe
    Hey Caoimhe

My grandad (James Patrick Murphy), My mom was called Bridie Murphy!!!

Yep with names like that they couldn't have come from anywhere else :biglaugh:

If you feel like tracing your roots before heading to Oz give us a shout, My O/H used to live on the Springfield Road

Guest alan smallman

Wow, that's really weird. And I thought Boston was a small place!! I really appreciate that!!

Regards

Allin!!