bill

Want To Watch Libby On The BBC!

Hi,

Well, Cazzie and I will be in Adelaide by Monday, at long last! One thing we have been looking at is whether we can see "Living The Dream Revisited", which is showing on BBC2 at the moment. The only hope is BBC iplayer, but you can't watch their TV programmes from overseas.

Whatever you do, if you search Google for a solution, don't pay the GBP2.50 to get the instructions from www.number1ongoogle.co.uk. While they would probably work, they require that you have logon access to a PC in the UK, so they are a waste of time for those of us actually living abroad, whilst maybe being of use to a small minority with suitable I.T. skills who actually work in the UK and have a PC in the UK. :sad:

So my question is - is anyone on pomsinadelaide planning to obtain a video or DVD of the programs from family in the UK, or does anyone know of any workable solution to the iplayer problem? We really want to see Libby on the telly!

Thanks,

Bill

PS I am looking at potential solutions of my own, like maybe having a UK friend download the program in the UK and deposit it somewhere on a website in OZ for me to watch. I'll keep you posted!

Guest Libby1971

Come round my house! I have a DVD of us lot...we have one of each programme which aired.

Hi,

Well, Cazzie and I will be in Adelaide by Monday, at long last! One thing we have been looking at is whether we can see "Living The Dream Revisited", which is showing on BBC2 at the moment. The only hope is BBC iplayer, but you can't watch their TV programmes from overseas.

Whatever you do, if you search Google for a solution, don't pay the GBP2.50 to get the instructions from www.number1ongoogle.co.uk. While they would probably work, they require that you have logon access to a PC in the UK, so they are a waste of time for those of us actually living abroad, whilst maybe being of use to a small minority with suitable I.T. skills who actually work in the UK and have a PC in the UK. :sad:

So my question is - is anyone on pomsinadelaide planning to obtain a video or DVD of the programs from family in the UK, or does anyone know of any workable solution to the iplayer problem? We really want to see Libby on the telly!

Thanks,

Bill

PS I am looking at potential solutions of my own, like maybe having a UK friend download the program in the UK and deposit it somewhere on a website in OZ for me to watch. I'll keep you posted!

Hi bill your right you cant get bbciplayer in aus unfortunately. I have a good internet connection and 20gb allowance a month (which u need if downloading movies progs etc). I downloaded ABC bit torrent client http://www.afterdawn.com/software/p2p_software/p2p_applications/abc.cfm

then i download torrents of programmes such as corry street, who you think you are, films etc. I get alot of my progs from http://www.thebox.bz/ and films from http://thepiratebay.org/ , being watching new series of who do you think you are , love it!!! Hope this helps x:)I found it not to bad to get to grips with after a while , might take 30 mins to download a 1 hour episode of corry street etc x

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I will try them all once the broadband is set up. Libby is going to have a very full sitting room one of these evenings! Thanks Libby!;)

Bill and Cazzie

Guest Guest1495

ex pats may find http://www.uknova.com useful, they are currently accepting new members. (be quick the membership fills up quickly)

Its a torrent site for UK shows not on DVD so its fairly legal as these things go! you will need a torrent client to download the shows, its not that hard just ask the kids :D

Come round my house! I have a DVD of us lot...we have one of each programme which aired.

Is popcorn and ice cream provided??;)

ex pats may find www.uknova.com useful, they are currently accepting new members. (be quick the membership fills up quickly)

Its a torrent site for UK shows not on DVD so its fairly legal as these things go! you will need a torrent client to download the shows, its not that hard just ask the kids :D

Thanks for that.

Guest Nick11
    Am I the only person who hasn't understood a SINGLE word of the replies?????:goofy:

Me too Liz . Might get my 11 year old daughter to translate !!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

ex pats may find www.uknova.com useful, they are currently accepting new members. (be quick the membership fills up quickly)

ooo i use this too forgot this one lol:)

:goofy:Oops sorry! I sometimes forget just what I nerd I am!

:biglaugh:i must look like i know what im talking about..i dont lol i just know how to get corry without waiting 12 months for uktv repeats ha ha:goofy:

Guest caoimhe
    Am I the only person who hasn't understood a SINGLE word of the replies?????:goofy:

As you know Liz, Stephen is an IT Engineer as therefore is a geek:GEEK: when it comes to electronical things. So anything needed pm us as some things may not be 'straight up' and therfore not 'printable':biglaugh:

There are always ways and means around things