Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Hadleys

Calling all air conditioning engineers!

Guest The Hadleys

Hi,

We were granted a permanent visa in March 08, my hubby is an air conditioning engineer and we have a sale on our house that is to go through in a couple of weeks. Hub has secured a job as and air conditioning engineer but needs a ARTC license to operate in Adelaide. We sent all documents off, i.e. work experience etc. To get this license we thought that it would be pretty straight forward as we were granted a 136 skilled visa. Not so, our application has been unsucsessful due to the fact that he has not served an apprenteship. He has over 20 years experience completing contracts worldwide and for the last 10 years has run his own business. To say we are gutted is an under statement!! Has anyone else had this problem?

The Hadley's:arghh:

Guest Roo1

Thats great that Paul has secured a job, as I know from recent experience, air conditoner engineers are in great demand here. This summer mine broke down and when I rang around for someone to come out and look at it, I was told I'd have to wait 6 weeks. Fortunatly I was in the right place at the right time and a company came and sorted it out 2 days later.

To help you with your problem, I can only say, when you are here things like this can be sorted out more easily. Maybe Paul can still work in this new job but at an apprentice wage until he's served his time. I know its soooooo frustrating but it happens like this for a lot of trades coming over and unfortunatly there's no getting round it.

The very best of luck with your move!!

Judi x

Guest Libby1971

Hi Judi

Who did you use for your air con fixing? I have a feeling we are going to need one soon.