Guest Carkyde

IOM flights

Guest Carkyde

Hi Has anyone here used the IOM website (International Organisation for Migration) to get one way flights to Adelaide. We contacted them re flights and it is about £500 inc taxes and 40kgs baggage allowance, is there a catch?? :jimlad:

Or am I just being overly suspicious of a good thing?!!:huh:

Guest natdan
    Hi Has anyone here used the IOM website (International Organisation for Migration) to get one way flights to Adelaide. We contacted them re flights and it is about £500 inc taxes and 40kgs baggage allowance, is there a catch?? :jimlad:

Or am I just being overly suspicious of a good thing?!!:huh:

Posted a thread some time ago , about this subject , but no joy !! Hope someone can help you and us with some info.

We need to activate our visas very soon :) , so looking to book flights , who did you contact etc !! and do you have to use a certain airline etc !!.

Advice and contact would be very helpful.

Thanks , Louise n Wayne.

Guest Carkyde

I contacted the IOM and gave them some dates, they emailed back with a price of £500 inc tax 40kgs baggage with Qantas. Seems to be the cheapest but not sure of the flight times, don't want it to be the cheapest and take 5 days to get there (ok slight exaggeration).

I'll let you know if we book with them.

C

Guest Lulujim

hi - sorry I can't help, but will look forward to finding out if these flights are ok for when we come to go. What info can you find out about flight times/stop-overs etc? x

Guest jackieh

We used the IOM to fly from Frankfurt to Adelaide. It was really great, we gave them the flights we wanted (had to fly Qantas) and they emailed us with the price. We had about 10 days to pay for them and after that we lost the offer.

I would really recommend doing this for the cost saving, we did not come across any catch!

We have been here since June, loving it!!!

regards

Jackie

Guest Carkyde

Hi I emailed ops@iomlondon.org and asked about flights around the date we are thinking of going. The baggage allowance is only for 1 way tickets not sure if it is for a specific visa - we are going on a 175. Got the email link from the visa confirmation letter.

Guest Aussie pat
    Hi I emailed ops@iomlondon.org and asked about flights around the date we are thinking of going. The baggage allowance is only for 1 way tickets not sure if it is for a specific visa - we are going on a 175. Got the email link from the visa confirmation letter.

We recently looked into baggage allowances and were told by SIA and QANTAS that the 40kg allowance only applies to permanent visa holders on a one way ticket. They are very strict on this. As the kids and I have dual nationality we didn't get the additional allowance, only my husband did as he's got the PR visa in his passport. You might want to check this for yourself but we even contacted SIA's head office in London. We had to provide a photocopy of the visa when we booked our ticket with SIA but other PIA members have said they just showed their visa on checking in.

Hedy

Guest Carkyde
    Hi Guys,

That is a cheep price, does anyone know if you can use this to emigrate back to the UK.

Thanks

Lauraxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Laura

Can I ask why you are returning to the UK?

Thanks

Hi Laura

Can I ask why you are returning to the UK?

Thanks

Hi,

don't get me wrong, I love Adelaide.

My hubby and I are hairdressers which believe me is poorly paid, we also have 3 kiddies 2 are under school age so only one of us can work at a time.

In England we had trouble selling our house, so we can't have the lifestyle that we wanted here, just yet.

we have to just pray thet the market picks up, we can sell our house and that the Aussie dollar gets better against the pound. Then we may return.

Gosh did I write all that, lol

Lauraxxxxx:arghh: