Sign in to follow this  
Guest vikkiann

20ft container

Guest vikkiann

We have had companies in to give us a quote regarding moving our furniture.

We need a full 20ft container, we have been quoted £4100, is this the normal price? Insurance is extra, £30 per £1000 of cover.

Vikki

when we done ours we went with PSS and from memory all in with insurance was 3,900 then when we got here we had to pay about $300 to do with something about customs here.

Guest Alipally

Shipping costs are going up all the time. 4100 plus insurance is sounding about right... and 3% is pretty standard for insurance.

My advice... go with the shipper who makes you feel safe and looked after. Being worried about your choice isn't good for the stress levels and let's face it, we're stressed enough, with moving to the other side of the world, finding jobs, homes, cars, new friends, new schools, etc etc.... And if you're shipping the dog as well.... I didn't sleep for two nights....

Then if you apply for jobs here, there's interviews late at night and early in the morning.... burning the candle at both ends, it's exhausting!!!

Guest jackieh

Hi Vikki

sounds about right to me too. Do check your home contents insurance before you get the removalists insurance, ours covered us for the move, so did not need to pay extra. Thankfully nothing much really damaged in the move just a few small things.

you will need to pay a customs charge in Adelaide $200 approx ( i think) so be prepared for this.

Jackie

Guest vikkiann

Thank you for your replies, we was advised to put money aside for customs clearance.

I'm going to see if i can haggle a little bit. It might help cheer me up!

Vikki