Guest Chelseadownunder

Cambridge Diet

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys

My wife is a Cambridge Diet distributor. Do you have Cambridge diet over there and does anyone know any contacts for it.

Cheers

Scott UK

not seen it here but there must be similar. I have known people do this diet and lose weight, but as soon as they eat normal they put it all back on and more!! But good luck anyway x

Have a search on the internet but I'm pretty sure it's not here.

What is this diet anyway?

I'm trying the Hays Diet which is similar to Slimming World where you are food combining. I think all these diets originate from the UK.

Guest Chelseadownunder

Its a diet that is shakes, powders and Bars. You can loose loads of weight quickly. But whats wrong with a few wobbly bits anyway.

Scott UK

I'm not a fan of the shake diets. Lots of chemists here have their own versions of shake diets here. I did the Slimfast in the UK and it did work but what happens when you start eating again? The weight comes back and unfortunately a bit more on than when you started. Also these shakes contain so much sugar that they are actually quite bad for you especially if you have pre-diabetes/diabetes.

Have a search on the internet but I'm pretty sure it's not here.

What is this diet anyway?

I'm trying the Hays Diet which is similar to Slimming World where you are food combining. I think all these diets originate from the UK.

do they have groups for this like slimming world? SW is the only one apparently gps in uk recommend as its healthy eating, i lost 2 stone doing this before i had my son, but it wont work here as the syns are different :arghh:

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys,

My wife is a counsellor for the Cambridge diet in the UK and will be when we settle in Adelaide. According to all the Camdbidge info the diet contains all the nutrients you need and she does feel full. Apparantly you dont do it all the time and once you loose the weight you can mix normal meals with the diet and go on what they call maintenance. She has lost alot of weight, which she likes and seems to be keeping it off.

Allot of her clients have done the diet for special occassions weddings etc.

At the end of the day nothing beats healthy eating, but if something can give you a head start it helps.

Horses for courses and I guess this wont suit everyone.

Scott UK