Guest rockpool crab

B & Q, Homebase and MFI?

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

Are there any large DIY stores such as the above mentioned? Say I needed a bit of gyproc or a new kitchen..are these things readily available? I've never spent a huge amount of money on any kitchens I've had and am generally happy with MFI stuff..but just wondering if the styles in oz are through more "bespoke" kitchen companies.

Thanks in advance

Carol Ann

Guest Libby1971

To the best of my knowledge there is Bunnings, Bunnings and Bunnings.

Guest rockpool crab
    To the best of my knowledge there is Bunnings, Bunnings and Bunnings.

Hi there, Thanks for that. went onto yellow pages and found it..had a quick flick through their website :-)

Would it be too cheeky to ask where you got your kitchen Libby?

Cheers

Carol Ann

Guest graandjac

:)Yep as Libby said bunnings has the lot and for all the budding diyers bunnings is a exact replica of B&Q warehouse even the departments are in the same place, which will save you getting lost:biglaugh:cheers Graham

Guest smit

" BUNNINGS WAREHOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! ":)................................................oh btw , just in case anybody doesnt know................we dont have NEXT:)

Guest Libby1971

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

My kitchen units etc and snazzy slow motion gadgetty things in the drawers and cupboards are from IKEA. My first significant purchase from IKEA - all we've bought before was candles and cushions.

The work surface came from elsewhere - Advance Concepts.

Guest rockpool crab
    :biglaugh::biglaugh:

My kitchen units etc and snazzy slow motion gadgetty things in the drawers and cupboards are from IKEA. My first significant purchase from IKEA - all we've bought before was candles and cushions.

The work surface came from elsewhere - Advance Concepts.

Hi...ooo..IKEA kitchens are so nice. That's good they have IKEA in Adelaide..happy days..if I need a kitchen that's where I'll head. Might just go to the Glasgow branch and check them out, any excuse to window shop :biglaugh:

Cheers for the replies everyone.

Carol Ann

Guest Aussie pat

When I visited the Ikea in Adelaide I had to keep reminding myself I wasn't back in the UK. The layout and decor was so similar. They even sold the same little cakes in the cafeteria. They probably save money by using the same plans over and over again.

Guest Roo1

From my experience the furniture sold her in Aus is suprior in quality to the likes of MFI, flat pack, MDF stuff.

There's a huge store called Le Cornu where you can buy nearly everything you need to furnish a house. Their quality is excellent and prices are really reasonable.

Judi x