Customs forms, how srict will oz customs be?

Guest bobbytrish

Guest bobbytrish

Hi guys,

we are moving with Robinsons at the end of October, on our "Unaccompanied Personal Effects Statement" form that we have recieved, there is a question (section 5) which asks us to list items we have bought in the previous twelve months, do they seriously want us to list every item we have bought in the previous twelve months, ie; all the kids clothes. Numerous bits and pieces for our move.

The guy at Robinsons is a bit vague, any help would be much appreciated.

Rob (39) Trish (34)

Scarlett (30 mths) Erin (10 mths)

Guest Rachael

Hi,

We didn't put anything on this part of the form and we bought a new washing machine, pram, car seat and push chair amongst other things. Our stuff will be delivered to us on Monday - hopefully. We unpacked the new items so they don't look as if they're brand new. If you declare items on the form you'll probably have to pay tax on them.

Hope this helps,

R

Guest Aussie pat

We ship our things in early October. We are leaving that section blank as we haven't bought any expensive/large things in the last 12 months. The smaller items such as clothes and kitchen effects etc. have all been used by now anyway. They will have no way of knowing how old they are. I think you have to use your commonsense and make sure you stay within sensible boundaries i.e. don't try to bring in 4 new TV's or they might get suspicious!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Totally agree with the above posts, anything new we had bought including a Dyson we unpacked, left the form blank and took our chances, no problems this end, I would say just don't go mad and like previously posted use commonsense,

Guzzler

Watch out for Robinsons regarding the insurance they offer you. Make sure you double, even triple what you think the contents is worth.

I got stung badly by them. They broke lots of glasswear, pottery and my chest of drawers nearly disintergrated (thanks to Guzzler all fixed like new now).

But Robinsons were not for paying out and gave me a tenth of what every thing was worth.

Example I said my Engagement flutes were worth 20 pounds. They then gave me 2 pounds for them and then took out 50% for excess. Giving me a grand total of 1 pound for the glasses. What a rip off and an insult!!:mad:

Just beware and read all the small print and ask LOTS of questions.

Judi x