Guest warren1832

Anyone drive a Vauxhall?

Guest warren1832

Morning or Afternoon!!

Does anyone drive a vauxhall or took theirs with them?. Im getting my Vectra shipped out and am worried that i might not get parts for it. Do i also need to change the speedo to kilometers?

Mike

Guest Bodie

Vauxhalls are Holdens here. I've seen plenty of Vectras about. Can't imagine you having too many probs with spares etc. I thought UK speedos had MPH/KPH as dual register on speedo.

Guest SA Great
    Morning or Afternoon!!

Does anyone drive a vauxhall or took theirs with them?. Im getting my Vectra shipped out and am worried that i might not get parts for it. Do i also need to change the speedo to kilometers?

Mike

If you don't mind me asking, why are you shipping out your Vectra? Is it a special limited edition or something? Holden also make the Vectra but you could always go local and buy a Commodore!! Plenty of cheap parts and a Holden dealer on every street corner!! If the Vauxhall and the Holden Vectras are the same then you shouldn't have a problem with parts. All speedos here are in kilometres only but if yours is dual then I'm guessing it wouldn't matter.

Guest warren1832

Was only going to ship it out as thought it would be cheaper than starting again and buying over there, think it would cost me around £2k to bring it. You guys think its best to sell and buy one over there?

Cheers

Mike

Guest SA Great

To be honest I have only heard of people bringing over Jags, hot rods, motor bikes etc but I'm no expert. If it is only costing 2 grand then it may not be a bad idea. Anyone else know about this sort of stuff??

my advise is sell the car before you arrive and get one here, but take this into mind if do bring your car it will have to be spotless no mud at all, if customs check it and think it needs cleaning then your cleaning bill will be worth more then the cars worth....also you must own the car for more then 6 months if i knew this then i would of brought out a renault clio V6 as there is only 1 in adelaide and the price tag is over $50,000+

alex

Guest warren1832

Hi Alex,

Didnt know about the customs cleaning, that could be a nasty bill. Might be better to sell and buy out there. Can you get decent bargains out there?

Mike