Guest lulu and bailey

re class

Guest lulu and bailey

are there any pommie nurses who didnt get the re class?:arghh:

Guest lulu and bailey

A re-class is an application form whereby nurses had to apply and supply evidence, their knowledge/practice in order to get to RN2 level from RN1.

Guest HALT

Hi I have found things really hard here, Have been offered RN1 jobs but top increment ie 9. Was a Band 7 (H grade in UK). Impossible to get job at this level here. Luckily not desperate to work. The other thing is higher grades tend not to come part-time which i was. Haven't tried to re class, been told it should not be a problem but was told it is easier if you apply for a job at that level. Let us know how you get on. Or have you been knocked back already!!!

The ANF when they set up the reclassification meant it to be almost automatic for those who had experience post basic degree. Most of the people who have applied for it where I work have got it.

Guest lulu and bailey

We got knocked back on the reclass. Like you we were a higher grade in the uk (H & I), which the ozzies don't tend to recognise your experience at and the knowledge you have at this level Personaly, i feel that the information we provided they did not have any concept of or heard of before, therefore we were penalised for not putting in 'their' perceptions of the questions asked. Very frustrating and disheartning considering that we were recruited for the level of working practice we were at in the UK and the knowledge base & skills they wanted from us.

appeal, put in more detail against all the identifying factors in the form. describe what you did, how you did it what it entailed etc. They probably have no idea and if you don't identify it with Aus equivilent they don't understand. You have to be pushy almost. If you say you coordinated the ward decribe what this role was and how you went about it. If you have any further certs describe in detail what it actually means. Most of these people on the panels are only experienced in the Aus scene and the problem lies in applying what you have done to their experience of nursing here.