Guest Nicky&Andy

singapore transit hotel

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi has anyone used the transit hotel in singapore

if so , i can only find rooms for three, do they do rooms for six or does it mean booking two rooms

Also they say dont go through immagration (so im assuming you dont leave the airport! this may sound abit thick:goofy:but if you land at terminal 3 and your staying in terminal one , how do you get there!

any info greatfully recieved

Guest dave&jacky

Hi Nicky & Andy,

Both Jacky and I used the transit hotel when we came over at differant times and it is very good, you dont have to leave the airport you just get off the plane and walk to the hotel your bags stay on the plane or moved on to the next flight so you need to make sure you have anything you may need for your stay,and i think there is an hotel at each terminal,they also have a tube train which takes you from one terminal to another if you can not get in to the hotel at the terminal you land at,the rooms are very nice and clean with a good shower we would both use it again and for the money you can not go wrong.

How is Bristol still raining???:arghh:

Dave&jacky

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks for the reply, it sounds great, take it you dont know about room sizes !

you'll never guess what,

i can see abit of sunshine comming through the window, the ground is wet, but for a change i think it could be an ok day

Guest dave&jacky

No sorry dont know about room sizes only booked a double room,the weather has been great here today up to about 24-25 c just came back from the beach at henly a lot of people on the beach quite a few in the water aswell,we only put our feet in, water still a bit cold for me but it wont be long before we get in aswell.

When are you flying out?

Dave&jacky

Guest Nicky&Andy

our temps didnt reach that in the whole of august !!! (and i'm not jelous....... honest!!)

we have to activate by feb 20th but still clinging to the hope of selling the house,

just found out that flights are going fast and starting to book up in feb, so we dearnt leave to the last minute, we have reserved flights for feb 10th have to confirm by mon

sellin the car and caravan and anything else to fund the trip, (not quite the way we planned, )

when did you arrive in adelaide! and how are you settling

Hi we stayed at the transit hotel, when liz and I emigrated in June. Room and bathroom were massive. We were really impressed and it was excellent value for money. We felt reall refreshed after our stay there.

Kris

Guest the4hopes

if so , i can only find rooms for three, do they do rooms for six or does it mean booking two rooms

Also they say dont go through immagration (so im assuming you dont leave the airport! this may sound abit thick:goofy:but if you land at terminal 3 and your staying in terminal one , how do you get there!

Hi Nicky,

As far as I know you book a room for 3 people then you pay a bit more for each extra person, for 4 of us it works out to about £55. This includes free use of the pool, which is about £7 each.

Laura x

Guest Lulujim

http://www.airport-hotel.com.sg/roomrates.htm

Is this the hotel? I've been having a look too as we're doing a reccie in Oct and have 6 hours there on the way back. Think with a 2 and 5 month old we might need a room/pool (and massage for mum ;))

The info is on this page about cost per extra person..and not going through immigration etc...

Alexis x

Guest Greg and Karen
    thanks for the reply, it sounds great, take it you dont know about room sizes !

you'll never guess what,

i can see abit of sunshine comming through the window, the ground is wet, but for a change i think it could be an ok day

Hi guys, we used the transit hotel and would recommend it - nothing flash but a bed to lay your head for a few a hours and a shower to revitalise. As far as I'm aware triple occupancy is the biggest they do, so you would need two rooms - but when a room comes in at about 30 quid for a 6 hour block its well worth it when you have a few hours to kill. Alternatively if cash is tight just get the one room, I'm sure you'd all fit in and there is nobody watching who comes and goes, as long as you're a bit cute when you check in.... ;)

Guest cunnah10

Hi

We are also a family of 6 and we have enquired direct to them and been told that we HAVE to book 2 seperate rooms and they will try their best to get them next to each other!

we fly out in 5 weeks so just reminded me i must book it!!

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks laura, liz & kris, hollermarsh and gill for your replys really helpfull info

thanks to lulujim i will check that out

i love this site , even if your not on all the time (like me) when you need help or info theres always someone there to help,

its a good feeling , espically when your leaving every thing you know to live in another country

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

My OH just looking into the Singapore transit hotel and has noticed there's "standard" and "budget" accommodation". Does anyone know what the difference is?

Thanks

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab

Hiya

He's just found it...basically you share a toilet and shower with other rooms if on the "basic" budget.

Cheers...Carol Ann

Guest lynne

You can book a family room but the problem is there is only 1 family room available between all 3 hotels to its pot luck if you get it.

The best thing to do is to telephone them.

Otherwise its a case of booking either a single, double or triple room.

Also if you email them for the room make sure you get a response failure to get a response means you have not booked it.

Guest Django

We booked 2 rooms as there are 6 of us but when we got there, they saw the ages of the children, 7, 5, 2 and 13 months and just let us have one room and so we saved some money. You get the sky train between terminals, which even with a double buggy was dead easy. The swimming pool is great. Fully recommnd it

Pete

we booked a triple room and then sneaked the youngest kids (twins-11).

All five of us used the room and the pool...... no problem.

Wife & I shared 1 single bed, twins shared another. 15 year old had a bed to herself.

Was so tired at that sage, I'd have slept on the floor.\

we booked 6hrs (2 x 3hrs) and it was fantastic...... highly recommended.

Si

Guest xhaylesx

We did the same, booked one room and then paid for the little one as extra, very small cost. Was fantastic even if we didnt sleep, was somewhere to rest. Really wish we had brought our bathers though the pool looked so appealing.

We had to go to another terminal but it was dead easy.

I love singapore airport.

Guest Django
    I love singapore airport.

I could live there. :biglaugh: You can have cheap accomadation, free internet access, free swimming pool, a gym, shops for just about everythig. Hmmmm just need to find a job there and a school and I'll be laughing.;)

Pete

Guest xhaylesx

pmsl you could home educate them. Plenty of learning opportunities in an airport I reckon.