Sign in to follow this  
Guest kenmcfadyen

How long from ship arrival to delivery?

Guest kenmcfadyen

Hello All,

I was hoping someone on this site might be able to give me some idea about how long we can expect to wait for our container from when it arrives in Adelaide port until it is ready to be delivered to our house?

Knowing what to expect will give me an idea what I need to buy from IKEA when I leave the airport!

Thanks a million,

Guest alibongo

hi Ken

Our Shipment arrived in Adelaide on 08 08 08 and we didnt get our belongings till 27th Aug. luckily we had family over here to help us out but you are right at least there is always Ikea. just as cheap here as in the UK i found.

safe travels

Ali

Guest theforrests

It somewhat depends on the workload of the various Govt departments that have to approve that your belongings are all ok (bug free etc). Like the previous poster - it only took 2-3 weeks after our container arrived at the port for it to arrive at our house. Prior to that we were all on inflatable beds, beanbags (in lieu of a sofa) and we had found a really good table and chairs at a second hand store in Christies Beach (southern suburb).

Ours was due in Adelaide on 6th June and it finally cleared customs 1st week in July and out to us on the 7th July

Guest kenmcfadyen

Thanks for the replies - it seems as though it could be between 2 and 4 weeks then! I'll keep my fingers crossed for 2:eek:

Those IKEA bods certainly knew what they were doing positioning the shop across the road from the airport!

Cheers!