Guest the4hopes

Leaving my work friends

Guest the4hopes

Just wanted to say that I left work last week and went out for a meal with my work friends,all women!!!

Got to the restaurant to discover they all had hats with corks dangling from them, they made me one too, with sunglasses on, sand, and flip flops or should I say thongs! We had a really good night, plenty of laughs, one friend wrote me a funny poem, they bought me a book, Cider with Rosie, all based around where I live, and a framed black and white photo of the shop we work in,taken in the 1940s.Plus other goodies.

I miss them all already!

Laura x

How lovely that you know they valued you at work and knew just what to buy as a present. Studied Cider with Rosie back when I was in yr 10 at school. It's nice to leave with a warm glow, much more difficult if it's harrowing. When my mother left her job when we came here she was given some pressed flowers framed and an address book, both of which she kept for a long time. In fact the flowers only just disintergrated in their frames, so that's 32 yrs later.

I'm sure you'll treasure your book and photo, you'll be able to have them whenever you feel nostalgic.

Rachel

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Laura,

I left work nearly 2 weeks ago. Miss everyone already. They all put in for an M&S voucher for one last big spend there as they knew I'd miss it. I won't be spending it on knickers though!

Guest the4hopes
    Hi Laura,

I left work nearly 2 weeks ago. Miss everyone already. They all put in for an M&S voucher for one last big spend there as they knew I'd miss it. I won't be spending it on knickers though!

Maybe a new bikini!!

Laura x