Guest deanrm

Family Assistance???

Guest deanrm

Hi All

Please can somone help me with regard to Family Assistance? Is that the Child Benefit of Oz? If not what is and does it exsist? Also where and how do I go about Medicare? And without wanting to start an argument about coming here and claiming, is there anything else I should be appling for?

I have sorted just about everything else, licences, rego ect. but am confused about this??

Thanks

Trisha

Guest lippy

Hi

There is a Medicare/Family Assistance Office in the Colonnades shopping centre in Noarlunga. They will be able to assist you set up both.

Julie

Guest deanrm

Thanks for that swift reply. Will go tomorrow and sort both.

Thanks

Trisha

Guest steve&tracy

Hello Trisha

We did our Medicare at Colonnades shopping centre

They will also help you with Family Assistance and you may also if you are renting, be able to claim rent assistance! You can find out more at www.familyassist.gov.au

Hope it helps

Tracy

Yes good luck with the forms, I filled in the stupid claim form for family assistance this year as I get it as a lump sum at the end of the tax year(to stop me owing them money) and it was 80 pages long! Luckily some questions allowed me to skip about 30 of them.

Guest Tracey Smith

Who is entitled to Family Assistance and how do you work out from the website if you are entitled to it?

you are entitled if you are a citizen or a PR. It all goes on how much your family income is. On the website there are tables that show the cut off limits.

Guest graandjac

:)Just be aware that you cant process the paperwork until you have you TFN ( Tax file No), which you can apply for on line and it should come through within 2 weeks. As a guesstimate we put our earnings down for just me a $48,000, and with 2 kids we get aprox $450.00 per month in cluding a bit of rent assistance, but only on a PR visa.

they are really efficeient too in sorting it out, we arrived in april but didnt apply for it til july, so as our claim went over two tax years they backdated it til july 1st, but for pre july they said we had to wait til andy done his tax return and sent his tax cert in to prove his income, well we finally got round to doing that last week, 20th to be precise and they have sorted it already, 7 days will be since we filled forms in and for it to hit bank, just find these things so much more straight forward here and sorted much quicker, came just at the right time for me to get some xtra xmas shopping in :biglaugh: