Guest Natalie

5 days to go!!!!

Guest Natalie

Hi everyone,

feeling a mess a the mo. The packers arrive tomorrow and the house is upsidedown. All our family arrive Sat. (Rhys's 2nd B'day as well) to celebrate and say goodbye. So far I've been positive and really excited about the whole adventure. Now I just feel sick with worry about EVERYTHING!

We have not been able to sell our house so ontop of everything else we've had to sort out renting the place. My mums in tears most of the time. I've managed to keep a brave face until last Sat. night on a girly goodbye night out. Where a little tipsy....ok... alot tipsy! I broke down saying goodbye to everyone. :sad:Didn't think I would as I'd been so stronge and positive about everything. I guess the reality of what we are doing is sinking in.

We arrive Adelaide Thursday and Rodge starts work Monday. I think that first week will be really strange, so I'm trying to plan things for me to do so I don't sit in the apartment thinking 'what have we done!'.

I've seen afew threads on the whole moving process and it's so good to know you are not the only person to go through this. So thanks to everyone else who have shared there feelings and experiences.

See you all soon.;)

hi natalie hope everything goes well for you and your family ,wish we were at the same stage as you ,good luck and try and be brave xlove carolyn

Guest Carkyde

Hi Natalie

Stay strong and remember you are doing this to give your boy a better start in life!!! Goodbyes are always difficult but with Skype, cheap calls etc you'll probably be more in touch with family and friends in the UK.

The first couple of weeks will be hard but get out as much as possible to familarise yourself, smile at everyone and talk to as many people as possible. Within a few days you'll be invited to bbqs all over the place!!!!

Take care xxx

Guest vikkiann

We have only just got a buyer and to say i'm feel wobbly would be an understatement but i'm sure it'll get better, it has to!

You are not alone in your feelings, i hope you feel better soon.

I'm now of the opinion that nobody would put themselves through this if it wasn't worthwhile and i'm sure in time you'll sit back and the tears will stop.

Good luck with the move and your 2 year olds party, that'll keep you busy.

Vikki

Guest mltonin

Good Luck Natalie,

I just had the removal team in today...if I wasn't so excited about going I would have exploded today because they certainly did not give a sh*t when packing the stuff.

Not only did they turn up at 11am (instead of 9)...they buggared off at 1630! They still have three rooms to pack and everything has to be in the container by lunchtime as the ship sails Saturday morning.

The girlfriend and I are also landing in Adelaide at 6am on thursday morning! Might bump into you on the plane.

All the best with the preparations and see you the other side!

Hi mltonin haven't heard from you in a while I am so sorry your experience with movers was so bad, we used the same company and for us in the South they were really good they arrived at 9-30 requested by us each morning gave me a chance to get the kids to school and got on with it until 4-30 they only had half an hour lunch and a short break morning and afternoon for a coffee, they were helpful and friendly, the only thing we had sorted was things we wanted to keep back with us they did take a their time on our bed stead, and tv which to be honest was the most expensive thing in the house. Was wondering if you had left yet, let us know how you get on and when you start work how you find the place, we are aiming to fly 2nd November when the company confirms flight details don't know where we are going to live yet, OH hoping to start work 10th November.

Julie

Guest Natalie
    Good Luck Natalie,

I just had the removal team in today...if I wasn't so excited about going I would have exploded today because they certainly did not give a sh*t when packing the stuff.

Not only did they turn up at 11am (instead of 9)...they buggared off at 1630! They still have three rooms to pack and everything has to be in the container by lunchtime as the ship sails Saturday morning.

The girlfriend and I are also landing in Adelaide at 6am on thursday morning! Might bump into you on the plane.

All the best with the preparations and see you the other side!

Removals were meant to be here at 10.30am....turned up at 8pm!!! Not ready! Still they've done a good job and will be finished in a couple of hours.

See you at the airport in Adelaide, we'll be the ones looking dazed and confused...so we might bump into you.

Have a good flight.

Guest Django
    Hi everyone,

feeling a mess a the mo. The packers arrive tomorrow and the house is upsidedown.

Don't worry Natalie. Ours was upside down the evening before the packers came.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Be careful with them. Ours packed everything we wanted and stuff we didn't.:biglaugh:

Good luck with the goodbyes. Thats probaby the worst part of the whole process.

Pete